Emotional Eating

I was out on Saturday and met this great guy. Super handsome, friendly, nice. We exchanged numbers and have been texting, but turns out he is 11 years younger than I am. It's so frustrating!
I've been wanting to drown my sorrows in junk food but I'm not. I don't know when the right person will finally come along...

Replies

• faramelee
    faramelee Posts: 163 Member
    This is an interesting comment as it's not clear what the issue is. Obviously the age is a factor for you but are you looking for someone two years older than you who is not particularly handsome, friendly or nice? A little bit of background would be great. As @amgreenwell said try and distract yourself from food by doing something else. In regards to your last statement maybe he already has and you're letting him go due to his age.......

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    That's just awful!
  • AndOne8675
    AndOne8675 Posts: 151 Member
    You are your own barrier, unless 11 years younger means under 18.
    Also, what RecognitionT said.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Would you want to be rejected for being 11 years older?
    Or is that what actually happened? Not sure why the depression over liking him.
    If you like each other then who cares?
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    That's quite literally the same idea as rejecting a guy over his height.

They're both factors out of his control.

Easy there judgy.

lol
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    There's a 16 year age difference between my husband and myself. We have a wonderful relationship.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Jadu786 wrote: »
    I was out on Saturday and met this great guy. Super handsome, friendly, nice. We exchanged numbers and have been texting, but turns out he is 11 years younger than I am. It's so frustrating!
    I've been wanting to drown my sorrows in junk food but I'm not. I don't know when the right person will finally come along...

And never underestimate the fact that age is a number. The rest is up to the person.
    If you want to go mental age differences, Im sure most of the MFP has your 11 year gap beat!! lol
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Does he know that you are 11 years older? If so...does he care?

Is he asking you to date...or to get married?

Are you worried about dating someone younger or are you worried about what your friends and family will say?

Maybe it won't work long term but maybe the both of you will have fun while it lasts.
  • hannamarie0098
    hannamarie0098 Posts: 85 Member
    Lots of people make significant age gaps work. A friend of mine and his partner have the same age gap and me and my mum. They’re very happy and in love, he has taken on the older children as his own and they also have a baby together. Don’t rule it out, stay open minded and see where it goes.
  • Jadu786
    Jadu786 Posts: 141 Member
    So I’m 35 and he is 24. I asked him his age but he didn’t ask me how old I am as of yet! When I met him at the club I thought he will be around 30... but he’s way younger. He’s just asked me to hang out ...but since I really liked him I don’t want to get emotionally caught up... I have a hard time thinking that someone 24 would want to be in a serious relationship .. and that too with someone 11 years older than them ...
  • JenniferNoll
    JenniferNoll Posts: 367 Member
    Go out. Hang out. Have fun. Who says it has to turn into a serious relationship at this point? You just might end up with a great friend! Besides, I got married at 23 years old. My husband is 12 years older than me. There's nothing wrong with you being older than him.
  • Jadu786
    Jadu786 Posts: 141 Member
    Do you guys think I should tell him about the age difference before meeting up with him?
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    i would. why waste time if he is uncomfortable
    also most of the people at clubs are in their 20s in my part of the world.

and no man/other person is worth emotional eating.