Looking For Support

Options
How many of you are struggling as much as me? :’( I have joined MyFitnessPal before and never followed through... decided to rejoin... today. A few years back, I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism and I’ve had a really difficult time since then with my weight. I’ve tried almost every diet and nutrition plan out there with no luck. I have a gym membership that I try to go to at least three times a week. I am not good with meal/snack prep. I have a lot of trouble counting calories. I want to lose 30+ pounds. Anyone in the same boat want to be friends/accountability partners? :-)

Replies

• tcvega1104
    tcvega1104 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'll be your accountability partner.
  • emasarv
    emasarv Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Lets get them down together i also need to loose alot and im new here but im trying to watch my diet it is difficult to keep it healthy for ever .lets track our calories and help each other to not forget our goals .
  • kavonariyon
    kavonariyon Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m struggling to stay consistent. I first downloaded the app two years ago but I don’t stay on track. I’m aiming to workout/go to the gym more & lose at least 10 lbs. I’ll be your accountability partner
  • steveuk23
    steveuk23 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Same here...
    I've used this app a few times now but always gave up but I thought I'd try it again yesterday so hopefully I can keep on it mainly to keep track on my eating habits.
    I might even take the hanging clothes off my Fitness bike and use that :)
  • Carpe_diem1983
    Carpe_diem1983 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! Hypothyroidism and difficulty meal prep/tracking!
    Let's do this :-)
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,585 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! Lots of good advice around here!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options
    cbosh28 wrote: »
    How many of you are struggling as much as me? :’( I have joined MyFitnessPal before and never followed through... decided to rejoin... today. A few years back, I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism and I’ve had a really difficult time since then with my weight. I’ve tried almost every diet and nutrition plan out there with no luck. I have a gym membership that I try to go to at least three times a week. I am not good with meal/snack prep. I have a lot of trouble counting calories. I want to lose 30+ pounds. Anyone in the same boat want to be friends/accountability partners? :-)

What about do you find difficult?

Rather than trying diets and nutrition plans, which are both short term measures, have you tried just making some small changes over time, you don't need to meal/snack prep and you don't have to do anything drastic.

Your hypothyroidism may make it more difficult to lose weight, but it's not impossible, take a look through this thread from earlier in the year https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/41338804#Comment_41338804

Set yourself a sustainable rate of loss, log accurately and be patient.
  • ricardo2233
    ricardo2233 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new here. Question? If I don't reach my calorie limit each day is that OK?
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new here. Question? If I don't reach my calorie limit each day is that OK?

You should really start your own thread if you have an unrelated question.

It's ok once in a while but you shouldn't be consistently eating under your calorie limit, that can lead to health problems. You can look at your calories over the week if you find that easier.