I want to gain weight.

Options
I’m a new to this and not really sure on how this works. I am wanting to gain weight. I am 120 right now and I would love to be back in the 140s. I tend to feel so much better when I’m in that weight range. For my height my weight is kinda low. So I’m just needing advice on what I should eat and what workouts I should do!!! Thank you !!!

Replies

• joneedolla
    joneedolla Posts: 9 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Set MFP to gain around 0.5lb per week (or 250 cals above your maintenance cals if you do it that way)

If your goal is to gain some muscle with that gain, make sure you get adequate protein, 0.8-1g per lb bodyweight, 0.35-0.6g fat per lb, the rest carbs. I would fill most with nutritionally dense food but definitely fit some treats in there to get the cals up. Liquid calories are great if you have issues hitting your goal.

In terms of workouts, follow a progressive lifting program, see this link for a list of programs

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

Perfect advice. Its nice to see someone not prescribing some crazy regime or program.

I personally stick to an upper/lower split. This allows you to hit all muscle groups 2 - 3 times per week without burning yourself out.