30 day shred qusetion?

Options
2»

Replies

• PrfctGdess
    PrfctGdess Posts: 257
    Options
    I don't burn tons of calories doing it (usually around 200) ...

Are you sure? Are u using a HRM? (I'm 185lbs and burn anywhere from 330-420) You're right, its a great workout either way ;)
  • KatScarberry
    KatScarberry Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I agree with PrfctGdess, I usually burn about 190-220 calories on my HRM depending on which level I do. But it's a GREAT workout and I highly recommend it! Especially if you don't have a lot of time to work out - there's always time for Jillian! Best of luck to you!

Kat
  • jenblowsbubblez
    jenblowsbubblez Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Also, if you have a television service that offers "On Demand", I have a free exercise channel. Right now on mine, they are playing level 1 of 30DS. I was going to buy it but decided to try it there first to see if I liked it. I really did like it and I can see where it is probably great to do for 30 days, but I decided not to. I don't have knee trouble, but my knees were really aching afterwards. I was careful to do all the moves the right way to not put bad pressure on the knees, but they still ached. I felt that if I continued doing it, my knees were going to hurt. I love Zumba and it doesn't do that to me so I'm sticking with it for now.

I really do wish I could have done it as it was a great workout!

agree!!! if you have any joint issues,, i wouldn't advise. I did it about a week and my doc told me it wasn't for me. Its rough on the knees. But i really did enjoy it otherwise and it does give you amazing results if you put 100% into it! good luck!
  • mamathrash2
    mamathrash2 Posts: 80 Member
    Options

Are you sure? Are u using a HRM? (I'm 185lbs and burn anywhere from 330-420) You're right, its a great workout either way ;)

I am 164 lbs and burn 252 for the 25 minutes. It is a great workout. I am on Day 5 on Level 2. I lost 2 inches around my waist in the first 2 weeks and I take Sundays off. Totally worth the money :)
  • navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options

I'm 148lbs and burn around 180 calories..i log as cardio circuit training 20 mins..the other 5 mins are workup and cool down so i dont count that..
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I log from the warm up to the end of the cool down with my HRM and I burn around 280 cals. It's a great work out, you don't need much equipment and it is SO inexpensive ($9 at walmart)