Keto and cardio

Options
Just getting back into things. Low carb is leaving me with no energy for cardio. Fit by 40 only a year left.

Replies

• Meelisv
    Meelisv Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Stop doing low carb?
    This.
    If doing low carb, drains you if energy, then it's time to change things.
    I had same problem when I tried low carb. Also handling of stressful situations and things that required deep reasoning felt impossible. Now i virtually never go under 150g of carbs per day and still drop weight just fine, as long as my calorie ad macro goals are met.

• AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    If you need to eat low carb for a specific reason hang in there and you'll adjust - about a month usually. Things that can help are making sure you're getting enough sodium and just calories in general.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I'll just leave this here:

c6shh4otd07u.jpg
  • kiracookie
    kiracookie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I find eating stuff that’s highish in gross carbs but high in fibre helps me energy wise before exercise. Iv just started c25k at the same time as starting keto and this has helped me a lot. Sometimes working out fasted is better too as fat can make me feel sluggish.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    "Low carb is leaving me with no energy for cardio."
    That's not surprising!
    Maybe low carb isn't the way forward for you?

You haven't given any useful info about you, your goals and your priorities so here's a couple of general suggestions....

If fitness is your primary goal then eat appropriately to fuel yourself and have effective workouts. That's both calorie levels and food choices.

If weight loss is your primary goal and low carbing helps you sustain a calorie deficit then maybe timing your carbs before your exercise would help.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    How many calories are you eating? How many carbs? How long have you been doing it? What are your stats?