Not losing Weight on Insanity

Options
I’m on week 6 and getting really po’d. I’ve lost like 1 inch from my waist and 4 pounds. Meal-prepping 5 300 cal meals a day with 2 100-200 cal blocks in between. Currently 8.5 mo postpartum and breastfeeding a couple times a day. I’ve cheated a few times on my diet- maybe 1 bigger meal (700 cal) or a handful of gummy worms a couple times a week. I’m just fed up, this morning I quit my workout and started crying because I’m working my *kitten* off (NOT literally) and for what? All I can think about is my jiggly arms and stomach and I feel worse about myself than before I started. It just seems pointless. What is going on here, I don’t understand how you would not lose weight with this program

Replies

• edippery
    edippery Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was about to say the same thing. I've heard from many women breastfeeding that they held on to the weight til they stopped breastfeeding. It's frustrating but it will come off when ready. Please don't stop exercising! Or eating consistently healthy (as close as you can to 100%). I know it gets frustrating but don't stop. You've put time and energy into this already. Don't throw it away for nothing. Pick back up tomorrow cuz even if you don't see much changes on the outside, I'm positive it's going on in the inside and before you know it, it's gonna show on the outside. Just a little more patience. I know you have patience cuz you got a baby. I have them too so I know as well.
  • cocoq90
    cocoq90 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks ya I was wondering if breastfeeding could be a contributing factor... (Yes I’m a ftm) I’ve lost weight so much faster and with much less effort in the past, so was expecting to be down at least 10 lbs by now even with new muscle gains.
    Water retention around my muscles makes sense too as I went from doing literally nothing for months to jumping right into this workout program. How long does it take for your body to get used to a workout routine? Would taking a post-workout supplement help? (Assuming I could while breastfeeding).

• KarenSmith2018
    KarenSmith2018 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Patience is key. 1lb a week is a steady rate of loss with being a new mum it is pretty amazing! Protein shakes etc are useful at any point in the day IF you are struggling to meet your protein goals. They are a great low calorie source of protein (100cals for 19g) and I have one almost every day to help meet my protein target. But they aren't a magic pill, they don't help you loose wieght, or gain muscle because its a protein shake. Its just another way to consume protein if you can't get enough from you foods. Food first, supplements after.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    gvizzle74 wrote: »
    am i reading that right 5 x 300 calorie meals and 2 x (average) 150 calorie snacks = 1800 calories per day? what are your stats? 1800 might be too much, might not be, don't know without knowing your age, height, and current weight.

also, if you've "cheated a few times" and you're already at a small deficit, you're not going to see a lot of movement on the scale.

she breastfeeds so she needs extra calories to make milk though. it may be too many calories for her to lose otherwise