30DS??

Options
I just started the 30 Day Shred this morning and was wondering what to log it as. What do you do?

Replies

• Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I log it as circuit training
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    20-25 min. of circuit training
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    circuit training! as it has weights!
  • vetsnatural
    vetsnatural Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Do you have an HRM? I would log it as circuit training then input the actual calories burned based on HRM results. Have a great day!
  • linzmarie316
    Options
    Thank you!! I don't have a HRM, but I need to get one...any suggestions? I don't want to spend a lot, but I know you get what you pay for and I want one that works well!
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    log it as grueling and painful !
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I log it as 20 minutes of circuit training.
  • PageSalyers
    PageSalyers Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    log it as grueling and painful !

AGREED!
    How did you like it?!
  • PageSalyers
    Options
    I usually log it as 15 minutes of Jumping jacks but I will start logging it as circuit training.
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    I go to http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.php and calculate my weight with circuit training. I love the activity calculator. Just figure it out last night.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I'm using a Mio Drive + Petite and it gets good reviews. It is easy to use. This morning it showed 394 calories burned during Level 1. Good Luck!
  • vetsnatural
    vetsnatural Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! I don't have a HRM, but I need to get one...any suggestions? I don't want to spend a lot, but I know you get what you pay for and I want one that works well!

I have a Polar FT 7 with chest strap and I love it.
  • linzmarie316
    Options
    Haha, I love the "grueling and painful"!! :) Page, I liked it! It didn't seem too hard today, so I think I'll go to the Y later. I have a feeling it's probably because I'm just getting started and don't have all of the exercises down correctly...like as in having the right form or whatever. But I'll get it down!! :) Thanks, Statia...I'm going to that website now! And I will also check out that HRM, thanks Nici!!
  • linzmarie316
    Options

I have a Polar FT 7 with chest strap and I love it.

I've heard a lot of good things about Polar...I will definitely check those out too. Thanks!! :)
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I love it but I can remember when I first did it my thighs would be so sore for days.....
  • jaybee25
    jaybee25 Posts: 117
    Options
    haha log as painful..I agree hehe Iog it as circuit training and I think from e what I've come across most peeps without a hrm logg ot as the same , I've come across some that log as aerobics but I think that circuit is closer to actuall mark :) Good luck with it and have fun I started again for the second time (first round got to day 5 FAIL!!!) so I am now on day 4 of my second round today and it is so far getting eaiser I could go onto level 2 but I think I wanna hang it out and do the whole programm properly :)
  • PageSalyers
    Options
    I love it but I can remember when I first did it my thighs would be so sore for days.....

I agree totally! I would avoid stairs and I would nearly cry when I had to go potty!
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    Do yourself a favor now and take measurements!! You may not see the scale move for the first two weeks but you will lose inches!
  • linzmarie316
    Options
    Do yourself a favor now and take measurements!! You may not see the scale move for the first two weeks but you will lose inches!

I didn't read that until now, but I'm only on day 4, so I will take them today! Thanks :)