Giving it another shot ~ weight loss buddies wanted

Options
jacie1205
jacie1205 Posts: 8 Member
edited April 2018 in Getting Started
Hi everyone ~
So....I’m back at it (again). I have hit such wonderful highs, but also some heartbreaking lows. I had spinal fusion surgery in December of 2015. To say that it was an epic failure is an understatement. I’ve been in constant pain without any pain medication to help me along. Finally, after almost 2 and 1/2 years, my neurosurgeon finally found the problem and I will be having another back surgery in the near future. But, in the meantime, I plan on getting off the couch and Ice packs and start walking. I’ve also decided to follow the Ketogenic way of living.
I am looking for others, like me, who want to be free of the extra weight and be healthy and happy in whatever comes along.
If you’re new or a seasoned vet her on MFP - please consider adding me. I’d love to share your journeys, milestones and occasional set backs (which we know may happen). But, if at first you don’t succeed ~ try, try again!!!
Today I did my weight and measurements, I have to work for a half day and then I plan on stocking the fridge and cabinets with Keto friendly food. I’m also readying myself for tomorrow mornings treadmill walk.
I look forward to getting to know you all and hope that I am able to bring a daily dose of positivity and humor to each of you.
To healthier days ahead~
Jacie

“Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” Lyndon B. Johnson

Replies

• skinnylynnie74
    skinnylynnie74 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I will be your keto friend. After a bunch of bumps in my road (injuries, excrutiating pain, a year of PT), a baby, hormone problems... you name it... stress... I am back on KETO! I have dropped about 5 pounds since I started a week ago and my clothes seem to be fitting better. My cravings are already gone and I have no "keto flu" (knock on wood!). I always feel much better when I am in ketosis. My pain subsides or goes away completely. Sugar really does feed inflammation, which either makes the actual body hurt more or just makes our pain receptors more sensitive. I don't know, but I feel better and have a spring in my step again even though I started at almost 200 pounds!
  • cardosi12
    cardosi12 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    New to this whole thing. Id be your keto buddy if I knew how to add you lol
  • nichole9378
    nichole9378 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m trying to do Keto I’ll be your buddy sorry I don’t know how to add you lol.
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I'm really happy for you that your neurosurgeon found what needs to be fixed! That is just awesome for you!

For all y'all that don't know how to add friends, just click on the jacie1205 link just underneath her picture. That will take you to a page that displays just her user information, titled Message Boards. Click her name again, and it will take you to her profile. There will be two buttons next to her picture, Send Message on top and Add As Friend just below.
  • Bill_Keto
    Bill_Keto Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am on Keto as well feel free to add me. My diary is open to friends.
  • Glamaw2017
    Glamaw2017 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi I would like a buddy
  • ashleyih
    ashleyih Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well ♥️
  • lorbee76
    lorbee76 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    jacie1205 wrote: »
    Hi everyone ~
    So....I’m back at it (again). I have hit such wonderful highs, but also some heartbreaking lows. I had spinal fusion surgery in December of 2015. To say that it was an epic failure is an understatement. I’ve been in constant pain without any pain medication to help me along. Finally, after almost 2 and 1/2 years, my neurosurgeon finally found the problem and I will be having another back surgery in the near future. But, in the meantime, I plan on getting off the couch and Ice packs and start walking. I’ve also decided to follow the Ketogenic way of living.
    I am looking for others, like me, who want to be free of the extra weight and be healthy and happy in whatever comes along.
    If you’re new or a seasoned vet her on MFP - please consider adding me. I’d love to share your journeys, milestones and occasional set backs (which we know may happen). But, if at first you don’t succeed ~ try, try again!!!
    Today I did my weight and measurements, I have to work for a half day and then I plan on stocking the fridge and cabinets with Keto friendly food. I’m also readying myself for tomorrow mornings treadmill walk.
    I look forward to getting to know you all and hope that I am able to bring a daily dose of positivity and humor to each of you.
    To healthier days ahead~
    Jacie

“Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” Lyndon B. Johnson

• lorbee76
    lorbee76 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would love to have some Keto friends! Working hard at it, but fall off from time to time. Had chronic pain and addiction, but ready to start this journey!
  • kathykatkitty
    kathykatkitty Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am on day number 6 of Keto. I too am looking for keto friends. Please add me.
  • WhoWasGivenToFly
    WhoWasGivenToFly Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Please add me, I am back also after losing 30 lbs 2 years ago but having gained it back. I am interested in doing Keto and would like to try it with others. I also have some health issues I am dealing also I could use some support as well as can offer support.