Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

UGH!! :(

Just needed to vent I guess- been working my butt off the past couple weeks. Started exercising, logging everything.. weigh my self and didn't budge... I know it takes time but I feel like I have been working at this for months and have barely got past 10 lbs... I'm hoping I can get past this hump soon- starting to want to just be fat forever... ugh :'(

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    just being fat seems like more fun sometimes huh lol. You got this just keep the end game in mind. Sexy healthy body that can do anything and wear anything and get you anywhere you wanna be. It will feel so good once you get there
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,102 Member
    once you get past the initial water weight drop, it's slow going, but it's better to keep going and know it'll come off slowly than give up and not lose it at all! If the exercise is new it can cause water retention that may mask any loss.

Patience and consistency are your friend.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Weightloss is just about creating a modest calorie deficit, and giving it time. And then you can expect to lose no more than 1% of your bodyweight in fat per week, on average. How long have you been at it? Maybe you need to make a plan that doesn't feel like torture.
  • kt9052
    kt9052 Posts: 17 Member
    Weightloss is just about creating a modest calorie deficit, and giving it time. And then you can expect to lose no more than 1% of your bodyweight in fat per week, on average. How long have you been at it? Maybe you need to make a plan that doesn't feel like torture.

I've been at it on and off for the better part of 6 months- I've really been committed since the end of March. I'm tracking everything and I started working out using Fitness Blender workouts for about 2 weeks. I'm eating around 1500 calories a day which most of the time is plenty since I eat a lot of veggies and fruit. Just started drinking way more water than I used to as well. I have my settings to 2 lbs a week but so far that has not happened.
  • andreaen
    andreaen Posts: 365 Member
    If it was easy no one would be overweight. I agree that it sounds like you might be going too hard too fast. Try a more gentle approach that allows you to also live a little along the way. It will take a little while longer, but you might also be able to keep the weight off and enjoy the process instead of just starving yourself for a few months and then looking good for a few weeks before all the weight is back from post-diet binging
  • kommodevaran
    kt9052 wrote: »

I've been at it on and off for the better part of 6 months- I've really been committed since the end of March. I'm tracking everything and I started working out using Fitness Blender workouts for about 2 weeks. I'm eating around 1500 calories a day which most of the time is plenty since I eat a lot of veggies and fruit. Just started drinking way more water than I used to as well. I have my settings to 2 lbs a week but so far that has not happened.
    If you don't have the necessary fat stores, you can't lose 2 pounds per week. On and off is no good. The end of March - that's two weeks? What you eat and drink is not important, how you track is important.
  • kt9052

If you don't have the necessary fat stores, you can't lose 2 pounds per week. On and off is no good. The end of March - that's two weeks? What you eat and drink is not important, how you track is important.

It's not that I just started 2 weeks ago- i started adding exercise in at that time- ive been tracking for longer and nothing... At this rate I may as well just go back to WW. i have over 100lbs to lose... plenty of fat stores to get rid of.
  • kommodevaran

It's not that I just started 2 weeks ago- i started adding exercise in at that time- ive been tracking for longer and nothing... At this rate I may as well just go back to WW. i have over 100lbs to lose... plenty of fat stores to get rid of.
    New exercise can make you retain water, and water has weight. And if you haven't lost weight, you haven't tracked correctly. Just track correctly and be patient.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    logging is useless unless you are accurate. Food scale? Also, exercise calories are always off too, allow for that. If you have 100 pounds to lose then I would add an evening walk and use those calories as a pad against measurement errors.
  • kt9052
    As I said- I have been logging everything- literally everything. I snack on one pretzel in the evening- it goes in my log. I log my exercise but if MFP is always off/wrong I don't see the point?? I don't eat back any ( or less than 10%) of the calories I "burn" anyway.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    Something is not adding up. You need to make your food diary public. Maybe we can help you better.
  • kt9052
    Something is not adding up. You need to make your food diary public. Maybe we can help you better.

I don't "need" to do anything. This was just meant to be a vent post- maybe I am too sensitive but i never meant to open the gates to every one to tell me what to do or get judgy. 100% not comfortable with that. If I could figure out how to delete this thread I totally would.

Learned my lesson on posting on the message boards- i'll just continue lurking on other posts as I always have :D:s:p .

• kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member

I don't "need" to do anything. This was just meant to be a vent post- maybe I am too sensitive but i never meant to open the gates to every one to tell me what to do or get judgy. 100% not comfortable with that. If I could figure out how to delete this thread I totally would.

Learned my lesson on posting on the message boards- i'll just continue lurking on other posts as I always have :D:s:p .

It's true that if you just want people to say, "There, there, it'll be all right" this post is a bust.

But by and large people here on MFP are not only sympathetic ears (eyes?) but want to offer real solutions for you. Venting is important, but without getting some direction to problem solve, you'll just be coming back to vent at some point. Or worse, quitting altogether.

Please recognize help when it's offered. It's always OK to say no - you are entirely correct to state we can't make you do anything - but also recognize you're venting because you might need some help.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    It is a message board and it does not always lend itself to understanding the tone of a reply. I don't see it as "judgy" I see it as people invested in the success of others. It may be because, again the way I see it, if you are succeeding it helps those of us that have fairly long roads ahead of them seem brighter.
  • MrSmooth2017
    MrSmooth2017 Posts: 19 Member
    10lbs is a huge amount, and its fairly normal to feat deflated when that number doesnt go down.

Here are some things to try before you give up.

Change the exercise you are doing. If your body is used to it, its more efficient at doing it.
    Walking is fine, if you walk slowly try speeding up for one minute, then slow for the next and so on.
    Cycling is always good, but not everyone want to do it.
    Swimming is also great, but not so good if you aren't happy in swimwear.
    Exercise bike is great if you don't want to go to the gym.
    The gym is great, but one tip if you aren't happy about being in front of the gym types is to go to one with 24hours opening and go at off peak hours when its not so busy.

Regarding food, you body may be trying to hold onto fat, so try alternating the diet days for a week or two. ie 1500 calories mon wed fri sun tues thurs sat on the other days eat normally. you will still be in deficit, but your goal of 2lbs a week may be too high, and a lb a week would still happen.

I had to change my diet/exercise every few months to kick start the weight loss again. Its recognising when this happens with you, everyone is different.

Please don't give up.

Good luck.