Air Fryer Recipes

Options
lucyricky2
lucyricky2 Posts: 443 Member
Does anyone have air fryer recipes. I want to get one and see what everyones opinion is if they have one. Thanks

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I made fish tonight. I breaded as usual, brushed with a tablespoon of oil, removed the paddle from the air fryer and set for ten minutes.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I also cut up potatoes in to wedges, toss with a quarter cup flour with desired spices (like Mrs Dash, pepper and paprika) sprinkle with two tablespoons of oil, and cook for 15-20 minutes (with the paddle).
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Let's see how many things I have done in my air fryer in the 3 months I have owned it:

Chicken Quarters, Trout, Salmon, Parmesan Crisps, Garbanzo Beans aka Chickpeas, Asparagus, Carrots, Haddock, Pork Tenderloin, Sweet potato fries, Parsnip strings, Squash, Zucchini, Onion rings, Red potatoes, Frittata, Bacon, Chicken wings, Shallots and garlic for homemade salad dressing, Apples, Pork chops, Finished a steak.

I am sure I am forgetting some. It is also great for reheating. You don't really need a recipe. If it can be fried or baked in the oven you can use the air fryer with great results. Mine is a basket system only so to do wet recipe like the frittata I ordered a 7 inch round baking dish. I'd advise measuring to make sure it fits if you want one.

I am sure I am forgetting some. It is also great for reheating. You don't really need a recipe. If it can be fried or baked in the oven you can use the air fryer with great results. Mine is a basket system only so to do wet recipe like the frittata I ordered a 7 inch round baking dish.
  • kemoon0915
    kemoon0915 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    These are amazing cooked in the air fryer (haven't actually tried them in the oven) and I love the dipping sauce too. https://mindovermunch.com/2013/09/19/wonton-burger-bites/
  • atlchell30
    atlchell30 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ive been contemplating getting an air fryer. Is it really worth the hype? (Meaning drastically reduces cals, doesn't affect taste if food, truly 'fry' the items placed within, etc...). Thx for input
  • NovusDies
    Options
    atlchell30 wrote: »
    Ive been contemplating getting an air fryer. Is it really worth the hype? (Meaning drastically reduces cals, doesn't affect taste if food, truly 'fry' the items placed within, etc...). Thx for input

I am a foodie and an amateur chef and I can say with few exceptions it is worth the hype. I honestly did not want to believe it. It is a convection oven being passed as a fryer but I bought one from Amazon with intent to return it if it did not pass my tests. 3 months later I still own it and I used that blasted thing probably 5 times a week.
  • Jrpwgr
    Jrpwgr Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I got one for Christmas, and it lives up to the hype. I would not be able to stay on a diet without working in air-fried french fries. I would feel too deprived. 1/2 pound of sweet potato is under 200 calories. I add only 1 tbsp of oil on top of that. A HALF POUND
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,720 Member
    Options
    Fan assist on my air fryer is considerably more aggressive than my convection oven. I use the air fryer almost daily. Wings, drumsticks and chicken thighs come out with very crispy skin albeit less greasy than deep fried. It’s great for rendering off subcutaneous fat from duck, chicken parts and pork roast.

For meat with skin I like to dry brine with salt in advance then shake in a plastic bag with a half teaspoon baking soda and two teaspoons potato starch. The baking soda reduces ph of skin. For skinless meats I like to coat with a beaten egg white and then shake with teaspoon of oil and a teaspoon of potato starch. Both techniques result in a very crisp surface.

Don’t limit yourself to replicating fried food. I use mine for roast veg, potato rosti, roast potato, roast beef, rack of lamb, lasagna. Due to small size and great insulation it’s way more energy efficient than the oven. For rosti and to fit in a small lasagne tray I use a perforated pan attachment sold separately instead of the basket.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I have an air fryer cook book with over 500 recipes in it. I use the air fryer at least 5 times a week, I really love it. It's easy to clean and I'm turning the oven on waaaaaay less (which is great since it's about to be summer!). It is definitely not a necessity, you can do everything the same in an oven or toaster oven, but I love the convenience of it and the ease of cleaning.
  • NovusDies
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »

Nope. Its not. Its nothing more noting less than a convection oven.

I actually said it was a convection oven and that is technically true. It is, however, better. By limiting the cooking space and putting an over-sized heater in it the unit takes mere moments to get to full temperature. The super heated air is more consistent than oil frying which can dip significantly when food is added.

A conventional convection oven has much more space which means longer pre-heating and a considerable loss of temperature if the door needs to be opened. You can air fry in a convection oven only if you don't need to touch the food during the entire cook time and if you move pretty quick getting the food into the oven before all the heat escapes.
  • NovusDies
    Options
    No thanks, the list of things the air fryer can't do is so small I don't mind using a conventional toaster oven or oven for the rest.
  • foreverhealthy3
    foreverhealthy3 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have an air fryer since christmas and don't use it enough. you can do the same thing w ith your oven and put food on a rack to keep food from absorbing fat from baking. now, I get more use out of an instant pot, saves energy, nutritious tenderized foods, and many options to using it