Cranberry sauce is really good!
  • FoodPwnr
    FoodPwnr Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese and jello with a slice of toast
  • MrsLengares2015
    MrsLengares2015 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese sometimes with fruit, nuts, raisins, beets, tomato slices.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    A bodybuilder thing: add in peanut/almond butter and almonds or cashews (looks gross, tastes fantastic)

very yummy

I also like it in my oatmeal (with some of the above too)...great breakfast!
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Probably going to try cottage cheese + melted mozarella (cheddar or Colby cheese) + fried/scrambled whole eggs +\- coconut oil (or coconut manna/butter -> really thick texture vs. oil, might be too rich) + extra salt for my next fat refeed day.

Never tried with oatmeal; will have to try next time I carbohydrate cycle for sure (I'm thinking cooked oats (vs. raw) for a nice hot/cold contrast)
  • sisu1975
    sisu1975 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    So many interesting options. I would have never thought of chili or spaghetti. Hot sauce. I will have to try some of these. I usually eat it plain, man am I boring. haha

I’m boring too! Lol! I’ll have to try some of these. Great thread!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    So many interesting options. I would have never thought of chili or spaghetti. Hot sauce. I will have to try some of these. I usually eat it plain, man am I boring. haha

Hot sauce goes on everything. Just sayin' ... B)

• KaitlynPeri
    KaitlynPeri Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Pink salad - cottage cheese, cool whip, strawberry flavoured jello and diced strawberries. It’s really a dessert but counts as salad at our family reunions.
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    A holiday tradition was rinsed cottage cheese set in a lime jello mold. Perfect for Easter
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Raspberries and pumpkin spice.
  • carolkaiser2
    carolkaiser2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This might sound odd, but I like to mix in 2 tablespoons of sour cream or Parmesan cheese into a half cup of cottage cheese. Very creamy and lower carb, I often have this for breakfast.
  • TrinityR05
    TrinityR05 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    frozen blueberries and ground cinnamon....yum!
  • hippiesaur
    hippiesaur Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Zucchini fritters with cottage cheese is one of my fav foods <3
  • lorijg50
    lorijg50 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Diced red pepper, pepper and crispy jalapeños crushed. If you like spice.
  • Dani9585
    Dani9585 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    btcowboy wrote: »
    I like Tabasco or Franks Hot sauce on mine. I heard of someone mixing in their protein powder, they said it was good...I dunnno lol

I mix my chocolate flavoured protein powder in with 125mL of 2% cottage cheese! I also add in approx. 10mL of a sugar-free syrup (have used chocolate, but now I'm using caramel!) It's like a semi-chunky pudding! It can be thrown into a blender/ processor for a smooth texture, but I can't be bothered to have the extra dirty dishes lol

I love it!
  • seanpalani
    seanpalani Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Polaner All fruit preserves (no sugar), pineapple and cracked pepper, any berry, agave nectar, pesto, chopped smoked salmon are my favorites
  • Keeleelee55
    Keeleelee55 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    cherry tomatoes and Cavender's Greek seasoning
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    crunchy peanut butter
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Canned tuna, put mixture on a bed of lettuce and top with chopped fresh tomato. It’s a satisfying meal.

A few people mentioned tuna, this was probably one of the best "recipe" tips I've seen on MFP to date. I thought it sounded gross but tried it anyway to up my protein. OMG. I mixed in a good amount of hot sauce and stuffed it in a baked potato for lunch and was so happy. It's now on my regular rotation and is so customizable, sometimes I add relish and onion, sometimes olives and sundried tomatoes. Makes for a great filling meal with a side salad!

ETA: autocorrect