Seeing no progress, am i doing something wrong?

Hey guys, I was wondering about if I am in too much of a deficit or not enough, or if my macros are not being balanced enough. I have been at the same weight and bodyfat percent for over a month and feel like im kinda stuck. I weight 210 lbs and have around 17% bodyfat. Should I just wait it out? on mytdee.com I get around 3200 for the tdee and it said the energy spent when i dont do anything is around 2200. I eat around 1800 calories per day and workout 5 days a week. 3 days weight training with 2 days abs and core and at least 8,000 steps a day as well. I think my calories burned in workouts goes between 600 and 1100 per day according to this site. My diary is public so its view-able.

Any ideas? Questions? Should I try to do a calorie surplus to build up some more muscle before losing again?

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    I have found measurements by volume to be no where near as accurate as weight.

An example is cereal, the serving size in volume it lists is not the weight it claims it is. I find that generally, cereal serving size by volume weighs about 50% more than listed.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Report back when you weigh what you have been logging as a tablespoon of the PB - I'm curious!

Then we can all have a good ugly cry about the sadness that is peanut butter portions.

Ugh, peanut butter portions :(:( (it was a sad day when I figured out years ago that I was essentially eating 600-1000 additional calories when I would get little "spoonfuls" of peanut butter to snack on throughout the day)
  • lisa0527
    lisa0527 Posts: 49 Member
    Myfitnesspal often over estimates the calories burned in exercise, but it sounds like you’re saying you’re not losing with a 1000 to 1500 calorie deficit/day. Hard to believe that’s all measurement errors...but it’s definitely possible. So start by measuring more accurately, but I’d also have a closer look at your estimated exercise calorie burn. An internet search can often give you a more accurate estimate than myfitnesspal. Resistance training is great, but it’s not a massive calorie burner.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,895 Member
    A good tip for weighing things that will be spread on bread, like peanut butter, is to put the container on the scale, hit the tare button and once you are done spreading on your toast log the negative amount on the scale. That's what I find to be the least fuss.

This, plus then you don't have a tablespoon to wash, just the knife :smiley: