Fit guys who like thick chicks

Options

Replies

• nitromaniac
    nitromaniac Posts: 2,479 Member
    Options
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    OK, now I need another definition. I've heard this phrase about men liking women with "meat on their bones." Does "meat" refer to actual muscle, or is this just a cute way of saying more weight/extra body fat? Because it's confusing, since it sounds to me like it should mean more muscular girls, but I usually hear it being said by and about women with higher than average body fat instead.

SO what the hell does that phrase actually mean? Anybody? :o

For me it means that I'm ok with a woman being either. I like a woman with a few curves, whether that be from higher than average body fat or muscle. Thick can mean different things to different people, but this is what I mean when I say a woman with meat on her bones. Just my personal opinion.
  • stompybird1911
    stompybird1911 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    meat as in muscle?
  • nitromaniac
    nitromaniac Posts: 2,479 Member
    Options
    meat as in muscle?

Either/or meat or excess body fat. Curves.
  • stompybird1911
    stompybird1911 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    gotcha
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,195 Member
    Options
    Raises hand
  • rockmartin50
    rockmartin50 Posts: 1,747 Member
    Options
    Agree
  • projectsix
    projectsix Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    Seems like a trap.
  • DreamAmalfi
    DreamAmalfi Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    It's probably less about thick or thin or degrees thereof...there are many factors and, of course, chemistry.
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    SurfyPantz wrote: »
    In New Zealand, when you refer to someone as being 'thick', you are implying that they are stupid. Australia agrees, amirite @slimgirljo15? So................................there's that. But hey, whatever floats ya boat brah :D

It's that way in the states as well. Someone can be thick....thick headed....not good things. But as I have learned with English.....it seems there are lots of meanings for the same word.
  • DaylightDuchess
    DaylightDuchess Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    bojack3 wrote: »
    In New Zealand, when you refer to someone as being 'thick', you are implying that they are stupid. Australia agrees, amirite @slimgirljo15? So................................there's that. But hey, whatever floats ya boat brah :D

It's that way in the states as well. Someone can be thick....thick headed....not good things. But as I have learned with English.....it seems there are lots of meanings for the same word.

Exactly "crib" {standard}, is an baby's bed but "crib" {slang}, is an entire house!
  • bojack3
    Options

I know! It's funny and interesting how the english language works in different countries. When I was travelling America in my 30's I kept hearing people saying "we're rooting for this person, or, that football team". It always made me laugh because in New Zealand, 'rooting' is a sexual act as is 'humping'. So, when Americans celebrate 'Hump Day' I think, wow, you guys have a day of celebration for that, cool :D:D

Are there many differences between Kiwi and Aussie terms and slang?
  • bojack3
    Options

I know! It's funny and interesting how the english language works in different countries. When I was travelling America in my 30's I kept hearing people saying "we're rooting for this person, or, that football team". It always made me laugh because in New Zealand, 'rooting' is a sexual act as is 'humping'. So, when Americans celebrate 'Hump Day' I think, wow, you guys have a day of celebration for that, cool :D:D

Yeah definitely. But because we are so close in location and relations (we have a tight bond from the war years), phrases tend to overlap and meld. I think a New Zealander will always understand what an Australian is talking about even if another country does not, and will get the joke, even if we are the butt of them and vice versa!

I learned yesterday that derriere means butt. I thought I was done learning English....it never stops!
  • 123tacos
    123tacos Posts: 661 Member
    Options

Yeah definitely. But because we are so close in location and relations (we have a tight bond from the war years), phrases tend to overlap and meld. I think a New Zealander will always understand what an Australian is talking about even if another country does not, and will get the joke, even if we are the butt of them and vice versa!

I learned yesterday that derriere means butt. I thought I was done learning English....it never stops!

Where are you from? I thought you were american?
  • bojack3
    Options
    123tacos wrote: »

Where are you from? I thought you were american?

I am Puerto Rican that lives in the states now, has for a long time....I am American
  • bojack3
    Options
    HAAahah I will never find the word 'derriere' sexy though! It reminds me of a stuffy englishman drinking tea :D

I think it's not a word that was used much where I lived. It snuck by me for decades!