1200 cal goal 165 carbs 45 protein, really

Options
I seem to go over on the protein. Is it me or are the carbs set too high and the protein too low? I am hoping for a little feedback. I go over on my sugar, protein and fiber, which fiber I am not concerned with. Tell me what you think and what you know. Thanks

Replies

• kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    You can adjust those numbers by choosing custom. I myself shoot for a 50/30/20 goal.
  • zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    i almost always go over on protein by at least 15 g and I never go over on my carbs I don't even come close to the number they allow me

I go over on fat by at least 5 daily to
  • thegoodner
    thegoodner Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Under the "goals" menu you can customize your settings. I do low carb myself, but you should be eating protein according to your lean body mass. If your lean body mass (Scale weight - (body fat % x Scale Weight)= lean mass) is 110 pounds, you should be eating 77 g of protein as an average and as much as 110 g to support your lean muscle. I would at least stay to less than 100 g of carbs, and fill in the rest of your calories with healthy fats (because fat does not make you fat and will keep you feeling full)
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    The protein percentage is way too low. Custom set it. Try for around .7-.8 grams per pound of body weight (or 1g per pound of lean body mass).
  • InStabilityKills
    Options
    I consider them all "suggestions" I am usually always over fiber and Sugar. The fiber is always good to over than under and the sugar is not good at all but I shoot to get as close as possible and don't beat myself up by going over. If you are going over protein by single digits no biggie. Especially if you are strength training because than your muscles need the protein.
  • caitlin70433
    Options
    I never go over on the fat but I do go over on the protein and sugar. I feel less hungry with more protein and the sugar is mostly from fresh fruit, so I'm not worried about it.
  • jacseg
    jacseg Posts: 4
    Options
    Are you tracking those specifics because of a health issue or are you most worried about weight loss? Going over a little on any of those won't hurt. However, if you are diabetic than you need to really watch your carbs which also incorporates your sugar and your fiber. For example, I track my calcium because I'm over 50, a small boned female, and osteoporosis runs in my family. So track for your specifics. If you work out a lot you need the protein and more carbs so you can fuel the work outs and keep your muscles healthy.
  • mp09aap
    mp09aap Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You are better to go over on protein and fats a little than carbs. Fats and protein take longer to digest and are also more filling

A better amount would be 140 carbs and 70 on protein. Stay away from too much sugar, inc too much fruit juice
  • dafoots0911
    dafoots0911 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your responses. I will take away something from all of them.
  • sfeld1
    sfeld1 Posts: 8
    Options
    I dont think this makes much sense either, especially because foods high in protien are the ones that keep you full longer, so we should eat more of those. But, I've been curious as to why they never give you dietary fiber requirements...fiber is just as important as protien.
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Try setting your macros around 40-30-30 or somewhere close. Higher protein is recommended for those who are very active and lift weights.
    A good rule of thumb is 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight.