On another note, seriously, what's so good about Shakeology?

I hear about people using it and you always see those great bbefore and after pictures. However, I always wonder what the after, after picture looks like. Based on the limited information I have read about the shakes, you have to drink 2 of them per day. Is that true and if so how long do you do that? Once you stop drinking them do you just gain all of the weight back? Just curious as to how that works.

Replies

• TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    bump!
  • leeanndelcourt
    leeanndelcourt Posts: 28 Member
    Hey.....I use Shakeology and I love it. If you are trying to lose weight then one shake a day should replace a meal.....or, if you just need a nutrition supplement, then add one shake a day as a snack. It's delicious and you will not find that many ingredients and nutrients in any other shake, plus there is nothing artificial in it. I have been on Shakeology for about 7 weeks now and I went down a pant size, have way more energy, am way more regular :) and my nails are growing like crazy! Let me know if you have more questions.
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Full of fruits, vegetables, and I love how it doesn't get all chunky like a lot of these advertised drinks.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    There's nothing magical in this Shakeology that makes you lose weight. It may have natural ingredients and that's great, but people lose weight from it because they are eating a calorie deficit under their TDEE level.

In fact, you're better off just eating whole foods and tracking your calorie intake levels.
  • PhilipByrne
    PhilipByrne Posts: 276 Member
    You have hit the nail on the head girl. That's the problem with all quick fix diets. The DON'T WORK longterm. How could they?

The simple boring truth is the only way to maintain a healthy weight is to change the lifestyle that made you heavy in the first place.

That means healthy eating and excercise. Pity though, a quick fix would be nice.

Perhaps calorie free beer and pizza, there's a quick fix I could really go for.
  • bobbybdoe
    Oh yeah -- Shakeology isn't even meant for weight loss. It's meant for muscle reparation or just as a meal replacement.
  • nukehiker
    nukehiker Posts: 457
    you do not need to drink the shake twice a day, even though you can that would be your choice. I can tell you that I have been using shakeology for several months now. so with using shakeology, and working out 5-6 times a week I have lost almost 30 pounds and had my blood pressure medication reduced in half !. the shakes themselves are made from over 70 natural fruits and vegetables.no added sugars etc, they are a meal replacement. I personally like the chocolate better and I add 1 banana, 1 tbls of peanut butter and some blueberries and 1 scoop of whey protein. you might also check out the shakeology website for more information at www.shakeology.com or teambeachbody.com and check out the message boards. hope this helps you.
  • ibbray04
    ibbray04 Posts: 227 Member
    you do not need to drink the shake twice a day, even though you can that would be your choice. I can tell you that I have been using shakeology for several months now. so with using shakeology, and working out 5-6 times a week I have lost almost 30 pounds and had my blood pressure medication reduced in half !. the shakes themselves are made from over 70 natural fruits and vegetables.no added sugars etc, they are a meal replacement. I personally like the chocolate better and I add 1 banana, 1 tbls of peanut butter and some blueberries and 1 scoop of whey protein. you might also check out the shakeology website for more information at www.shakeology.com or teambeachbody.com and check out the message boards. hope this helps you.

Could it be that you lost the weight simply because now you're working out and eating healthier? I've been watching what I eat and working out and lost 13 lbs in 2 months. No shakes/supplements/fad diets.
  • Actually, blueshred, Shakeology CAN help you lose weight and it will help you lose weight. It is meant for that if you want it to.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Never used Shakeology..... but I have researched it and decided against it for myself. I have always understood it to be for meal replacement and/or recovery. Yes, it is full of nutrients and tons of different fruits that you otherwise probably wouldn't consume or be readily available for purchase (afford-ably) at your local supermarket. But is there anything super duper special about it for helping to aid in weight loss? Don't think so. If you are eating wholesome foods and getting lots of fruits and veggies (needed nutrients) on your own then Shakeology isn't going to give you any additional substantial weight loss benefit, IMO. Yes, Shakeology can make it simpler for a lot of individuals to get their nutrients and if on the go, short on time, drinking a meal replacement shake like this is way better for you than grabbing whatever food is readily available and consuming it. Shakeology is great and works for a lot of people, but is it necessary? I don' t think that it is. But it works for lots of people and lots of people really enjoy it. Good for them, to each his own.
  • bobbybdoe
    Actually, blueshred, Shakeology CAN help you lose weight and it will help you lose weight. It is meant for that if you want it to.

Seriously? I just thought it helped with my recovery after lifting weights. Well ya learn something new everyday. :wink:
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Actually, blueshred, Shakeology CAN help you lose weight and it will help you lose weight. It is meant for that if you want it to.

Seriously? I just thought it helped with my recovery after lifting weights. Well ya learn something new everyday. :wink:

Your thinking of BCAA's. =)
  • momcindy
    momcindy Posts: 194 Member
    It's also expensive...something like $4 per serving so if you do two shakes a day for a month that's $240. I can buy a lot of healthy real food for that amount of money.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    I tried using it and it tastes fine and all, but I can do the same thing with a scoop of protein powder, frozen fruit, yogurt and soy milk and make a REAL fruit smoothie. I actually have a whole bag of it left over that I haven't opened yet. I don't buy into miracle shakes, eating healthy and exercising works well for me.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    It's also expensive...something like $4 per serving so if you do two shakes a day for a month that's $240. I can buy a lot of healthy real food for that amount of money.

BINGO!
  • pennylove76
    pennylove76 Posts: 14 Member
    Thanks for your replies. Based on the feedback it appears that there is a benefit to many people. As a mom of 2 young kids I would love to have the extra energy. I currently actually drink a protein shake as part of my breakfast. Would the Shakeology replace the protein shake? I drink my protein shake because I am trying to build muscle as I lose weight. Also, is it only sold online?
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member

Could it be that you lost the weight simply because now you're working out and eating healthier? I've been watching what I eat and working out and lost 13 lbs in 2 months. No shakes/supplements/fad diets.

I don't usually post downer comments but I was thinking the same thing...I have increased my exercise and eating clean whole foods and have lost 80 lbs. No shake needed.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    There's nothing magical in this Shakeology that makes you lose weight. It may have natural ingredients and that's great, but people lose weight from it because they are eating a calorie deficit under their TDEE level.

In fact, you're better off just eating whole foods and tracking your calorie intake levels.

AGREE! If you eat lots of yummy real veggies you wont need to drink a chocolate shake that is full of processed veggies. Plus at $130 a month, that's disgusting! My protein powder is on sale for $29 for 5 lbs reg $35 and provides me with more protein than Shakeology and I get that fun chocolate meal replacement shake for pennies a glass not several dollars.
  • pennylove76
    pennylove76 Posts: 14 Member
    Wow! I thought my protein shakes a $20- $35 was expensive. They last at least a month. However $130 a month is steep. I guess it's worth it if you are trying to lose weight quickly or are vitamin deficient.
  • I guess in my shoes I HATE ALL veggies and fruits yes all of them I am not a healthy eater until recently and still wont touch a veggie or fruit so in my case Shakeology is the best and I can see/ feel a HUGE difference- I have injured myself and can not exercise but this works for me - I am still losing based on diet . Shakeology isnt expensive if I am not going to the Dr. due to always being sick - Havent had even a sinus infection in over 2 months which is HUGE for me! I get them like crazy , normally always sick and low immune system- Shakeology has helped me and I will continue drinking it but that is because I do need it since it does help me get what i need in my system and ( the big bonus is my immune system is alot better) I am on the rare end of the spectrum though