Starting over again

Options
I would like some MFP friends as I am starting over again. I’m getting married, and tired of having health issues so I am trying to get back on here everyday and get serious about this weight I need to lose and get healthier! I need to lose about 60+ lbs and sometimes I get very depressed and want to give up but I am determined to not give up on myself. Looking for friends or if anyone else needs a friend just add me! Thanks.

Replies

• Stormsmum2013
    Stormsmum2013 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am getting back here too. I am probably a fair bit older than you but I just lost my dad for whom I was a carer for several years and I have never been this heavy. I too need to lose 60+ lbs. I am in Australia and I plan on having my first holiday in 13 years from October for 6 months- backpacking (well, maybe with a trolley bag). I need to get healthier. My doctor says my cholesterol is a bit high but apart from that I am healthy-more or less.
  • laurellegriffin
    laurellegriffin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to get back into this as well. I'm a student and a server and I've gained about 30 pounds in the past year and half. After really getting down on myself, I realized I have a really toxic + mean self narrative, and that I spend a lot of my time *wishing* that I would go after what I want, but never doing anything about it. This is one of my first steps in really deciding that I need to make important changes in my health for the sake of my mental health and overall self esteem! I'll add you, I could use MFP friends to keep me more engaged and motivated to log everyday!!
  • yalondarodgers859
    yalondarodgers859 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello, I don't look like my profile pic anymore. I started school in Jan and have really slacked on eating and exercise. I have put on 20 lbs and this weight feels horrible. My goal for April is to refocus on getting healthy. I have to eat right and make time to work out. I don't like it when I feel self-conscience about my weight gain. UUUUUGGGGHHHH!!! I look in the mirror and I am very disappointed in myself. I gained the freshman 15 at 45!!!! I know better.
  • JenniferBennett3
    JenniferBennett3 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have lost track of the number of times I have started over myself but I am here again to deal with health issues as well. This time I am trying to reach out and get support from others rather than trying to go it alone.
  • dangerousdashie
    dangerousdashie Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Keto for 4 years! 1.5 without breaking it.
  • elsabe3
    elsabe3 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am just restarting a diet again. Wold like friends to help motivate me.
  • laaheehaa
    laaheehaa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi - glad to see I’m not the only one starting over (again!!). I’ve got nearly 100lb to lose, and a wedding in Oz to go to in November so really need to lose some weight for that. Definitely looking for some friends to make the whole process less boring. I’m in the UK.
  • JaiNicole7
    JaiNicole7 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have tried a few times to lose the 50 post pregnancy lbs but failed. I lacked accuracy in food logging and consistency in watching cals and working out, so I'd only loose 10-25 lbs of it, and gain it back. I joined MFP to make a real go of logging my food, learning portion control, and being mindful of cals in/cals out. I realize that this needs to be more the norm rather than the exception to lose the weight and keep it off. Feel free to add me!
  • johnw83
    johnw83 Posts: 6,219 Member
    Options
    i will help u get fit cheers john
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,584 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
  • BetterByTheSea
    BetterByTheSea Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hey, i've just restarted as well. broke my leg a couple of months ago and have gained even more weight. need to eat healthily and lose weight to heal properly, it's been a good kick up the backside. looking to lose around 50lbs :)
  • marcusjjohnson1
    marcusjjohnson1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm. Marcus and trying seriously for the first time to lose 60 pounds. Carry weight well but I can see the physical and mental effect its having . Want to encourage others and need accountability!