Deadlifts

Options

Replies

• Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm a competitive powerlifter, competed at my 8th meet in February at the age of 59. My next meet is Regionals in August. All I have to do is get a total and I qualify for Raw Nationals

Squat 248
    Bench 115
    Deadlift 308.6

I thought mine were good...... now that I saw yours im rethinking that. Awesome!!!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Platform #'s at age 48. I hit six PR's but lower back injury governed me to pull sumo for first time in meet, but I suck at it either way, lol. Almost a year of powerlifting under my belt

Squat: 440.9 lbs
    Bench: 319.7 bs
    Dead: 518.1 lbs
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm looking for others into heavy weights, especially deadlifts. I'm lifting at 120 pounds and thinking about entering competitions when I can lift more. Looking for support/fellow enthusiasts
    Find a federation or local gym that is holding a backyard meet. Best way, follow all of them on Facebook and look at their respective calendars. Be aware of rules, rules of performance, and any rules governing equipment. Any questions, give me a shout, I’m a state ref and club coach.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    if you want to compete, you totally should. Get a good coach and get your form dialed in and your numbers will shoot up . I love competing and lifting heavy. i don't hit the huge numbers , but i have a great time training and spending meet day with my friends.
  • natruallycurious
    natruallycurious Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you'd like! I haven't done a competition, but I think it would be awesome to do one someday and I think that you should!

These are my current training max numbers (not my one rep)
    Deadlift: 231
    Bench: 118
    Squat: 191
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Find a competition and do it! As long as you can move the empty barbell, you can compete. :)

When I started, my lifts were all pretty low. They're nothing to brag about in present company, but I still feel accomplished and happy with my progress. Feel free to add me!
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Fflpnari wrote: »
    Feel free to add me. I'm a competitive powerlifter, competed at my 8th meet in February at the age of 59. My next meet is Regionals in August. All I have to do is get a total and I qualify for Raw Nationals

Squat 248
    Bench 115
    Deadlift 308.6

I thought mine were good...... now that I saw yours im rethinking that. Awesome!!!

Thank you!
  • PowerliftingMom
    Options
    I did my first meet with a less popular fed (RPS). The only requirement they had was a singlet. They have no membership fees. The lifters there were awesome and very supportive. I didn't want to spent $$ on personal equipment to find out I hated competing. After that first meet, I joined USAPL and now compete 2x/year with them.
  • SnakeCharmer13
    SnakeCharmer13 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    Hey! I'm looking for others into heavy weights, especially deadlifts. I'm lifting at 120 pounds and thinking about entering competitions when I can lift more. Looking for support/fellow enthusiasts

I suggest you enter a competition now. No need to wait to lift more, you will always want to lift more regardless.

Thank you! I think I just might!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

Squat 248
    Bench 115
    Deadlift 308.6

This was a sanctioned USAPL meet? And were those your numbers? If so, you're already qualified.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I just started lifting weights again after several years of nothing. I’m at 110lbs for deadlifts!. (That’s good for me) My squats suck though.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Competitive powerlifter here, too.

SQ - 245 lbs
    BP - 176.4 lbs
    DL - 375 lbs

Hey, @powerliftingmom, we need to meet up at Nationals. ;)
  • PowerliftingMom
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

Squat 248
    Bench 115
    Deadlift 308.6

This was a sanctioned USAPL meet? And were those your numbers? If so, you're already qualified.

Yes it was a sanctioned local meet. The squat and deadlifts were my numbers. I got a 110.2 lb/50kg bench. I thought I had to do a regional meet to qualify? I would do at least 2 meets/year with USAPL since I have to pay a $55 membership fee :neutral:
  • PowerliftingMom
    Options

SQ - 245 lbs
    BP - 176.4 lbs
    DL - 375 lbs

Yes! What weight class are you in?
  • quiksylver296
    Options

SQ - 245 lbs
    BP - 176.4 lbs
    DL - 375 lbs

Yes! What weight class are you in?

84 KG. Unless I get stupid with my eating... :p
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

Squat 248
    Bench 115
    Deadlift 308.6

Yes it was a sanctioned local meet. The squat and deadlifts were my numbers. I got a 110.2 lb/50kg bench. I thought I had to do a regional meet to qualify? I would do at least 2 meets/year with USAPL since I have to pay a $55 membership fee :neutral:

You don't have to do a regional meet. You just have to have a certain total.
  • jflongo
    jflongo Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I love deadlifts as well, but skipped them today on leg day. I have ripped the crap out of my shins doing them, I really need to buy some deadlift socks to protect them. End of last week I was doing them, and ripped my skin open again.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    jflongo wrote: »
    I love deadlifts as well, but skipped them today on leg day. I have ripped the crap out of my shins doing them, I really need to buy some deadlift socks to protect them. End of last week I was doing them, and ripped my skin open again.

Never thought about this. Still low weight for me (170) but should I wear my running tights when deadlifting? Don't see many guys doing this. Probably do more damage to the tights than my legs though.

Thinking.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Never thought about this. Still low weight for me (170) but should I wear my running tights when deadlifting? Don't see many guys doing this. Probably do more damage to the tights than my legs though.

Thinking.

I never have a problem, but I pull sumo so my shins are turned out a bit.
  • jflongo
    jflongo Posts: 289 Member
    Options

Thinking.

I never have a problem, but I pull sumo so my shins are turned out a bit.

I don't do Sumo, so I guess that is the difference. I make sure the bar is close to my body the whole way up, so the bar always hits my shins. I'm going to try some longer socks next time, need to let my shins heal a little.