Extra skin after losing 115 lbs

Options
Hey there! So I lost over 100 lbs and was in an environment where I could not work out. So now I've got grandma arms and extra skin everywhere. I need some advice on how to tighten everything up. Whether it's diet, exercise, or home remedies! Thanks in advance.

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Mostly you need patience and good genetics. A few things that may help include drinking plenty of water, building muscle, massaging the affected areas.

In the meantime, spanx and compression shirts may help you feel better.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I'm down 119, my arms look much better because of strength training which has given me muscles to fill out the loose skin. Heavy lifting is your friend, find a program and start it! Also, the right bra which doesn't pinch the skin and push it up.

As for the tummy, there's not much you can do except support the skin with undergarments and wait for it to tighten up. Mine is getting better, it's not an actual overhang anymore, just a bunch of wrinkles on my lower belly. Supposedly it will continue to improve for about two years - if you can't live with it after that, surgery is an option.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    i would suggest fish oil pills to help with skin elasticity it is not a miracle pill but it may help. Time is what it takes.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I'm dreading this part of things as my goal is 200 lbs and short of surgery it's going to take a miracle not to have lots of extra skin.
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    i've got the flab on my torso under my arms and around belly.. ugh but still better than being fat.. I think!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    My true loose skin, where not still weighed down/stretched by remaining subcutaneous fat, kept shrinking well into year 2 of maintenance. I lost only 50 pounds or so, but I'm pretty old (59-60 when losing, 62 now).

Exercise (cardio for good circulation, strength to fill out the body with muscle) is a reasonable bet, along with decent nutrition (heathy self ==> healthiest feasible skin). May not help, but can't hurt.