Do you plan your day?

Options
I'm just curious how you guys log your stuff in. Do you plan ahead and log everything in in the morning including what exercise you plan on doing so you know what your boundaries are? Do you add in as you go? Or do you log everything in at the end of the day and just hope you didn't go over?

Thanks for reading!

Replies

• momcindy
    momcindy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I completely plan my day with the food diary in the morning, log it in, and revise it later if anything changes. I usually come pretty close to what I originally planned.

As for exercise, I only log it when I actually do it.
  • Princessa1982
    Options
    I plan my day either the night before or when I wake up, that way I eat better when it is planned and scheduled!
  • sassyN1989
    sassyN1989 Posts: 424
    Options
    I plan a few days at a time and then change it as needed but planning helps me be more accountable.
  • Revcminor
    Options
    At lunch time I add what I plan to eat for dinner so I know what my parameters are for the rest of the day, i.e. how many snacks I can have. Afternoon is a difficult time for me. I can go off the rails easily with the snacks.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    On days when I work a long shift, I try and plan it all out. But, sometimes things change and I have to adjust it.

On days that I don't work, I log as I go. :)
  • smadrigal04
    Options
    I plan out my meals and add them in for the whole day. I add my exercise when I do it.
  • yojibalinese
    Options
    By now, I'm pretty good on knowing what snacks I can bring with what lunch to keep the calories even but yes, I do plan. Usually I plan the day out the night before and base it according to my upcoming weekend plans. I leave 200 calories to play with though in case I get the nibbles somewhere.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    yes I plan my day...lately I've been planning my week, but that's because my kid has practice right after work, so I don't have time to cook. But I make everything on Sunday. I know what I'm eating and I'll log it all in the morning to see where I'm at and how much exercise I need (especially on my rest days, I may go over in calories and just squeek a quick walk in)...if I know what I'm going at the gym I'll log that so I know what to have for my after work-out snack..
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,416 Member
    Options
    I plan my dinners for the week for when I do grocery shopping. Then each day, I enter my food as I eat it. For me, whenever I log ahead of time something ALWAYS comes up and changes it. I eat pretty much the same few things for breakfast, lunch and snacks every day so dinner is my only variable and even that is within a pretty consistent range. I only log exercise when I do it based on what my HRM says. Some days are higher than others depending on how hard I workout and how I'm feeling. Working for me so far!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I enter as I go - I have a general idea what my meals & exercise will be but I'm kind of flaky, not in the least rigid and plans can change w/o notice (I MIGHT get invited or treated to lunch, happy hour, anything could happen)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I sort of plan my day in my head, but I don't log anything until I eat it or do it. Usually immediately, but sometimes the next morning for dinner.
  • JulieBoBoo
    JulieBoBoo Posts: 642
    Options
    I plan my main meals for a week when I do my grocery shopping list on Mondays. Then every morning I plan my days for food. I only add exercise when it's been done though. I also add water throughout the day as I drink it.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I plan food. I don't plan exercise. I tried planning exercise, but I noticed that if I already had it logged, I had a tendency to not do it. It's like seeing the numbers made me feel like I already did it. :-P
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I have a general idea of what my day is going to be like, and then I log as I go:)
  • tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I pack all my food/snacks to take to the office each day, so I log them in each morning. Since that is all I have packed, that is all I allow myself to eat. This helps me to stay away from the office "buffet" that is usually around. By logging breakfast, morning snack, lunch, and afternoon snack in early, I know what calories I have remaining for dinner, and then plan dinner accordingly. I log dinner in the evening, and I log exercise after I have completed it. Planning really helps me to stay in check.
  • katheern
    katheern Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I plan my day in the morning as well. I like doing it this way so that way if I want to have something a little extra later in the day I know how much I can afford to have without going over. I only log my exercise after I do it, though.
  • parris1164
    Options
    I actually am different than the others who posted ... I don't plan my meals but I do log everything as I do it ....but I really think it is up to the individual ... whether or not you are a planner, which I am not so logging as I go works better for me. Good luck on your journey !
  • gbbhey
    gbbhey Posts: 188
    Options
    it depends on the day. for example, today our office is going out to lunch at a sushi place, so I have planned ahead so I don't risk going over. and if I do, I'll stick out my run for an extra ten minutes or so!

Cheers,
    Jared
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I pretty much log everything in the morning, so I can make sure nothing is going to put me over. Once I've eaten it, it's too late.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I plan before hand, but only if I know what I am going to eat for lunch and dinner. I then change it if I have to. It makes it easier to budget snacks and such.