Supplements

Options
What do you think a beginner with moderate workouts should take? The gnc guy said thermogenic and a pre workout... Thoughts?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I think the gnc guy is trying to make money.

You don't need either.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    A multi vitamin and depending how much sun you get additional vitamin D.

Coffee and a banana are a great pre work out with out the price tag.

• xlinaxmx
    xlinaxmx Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you !! I seriously was about to drop allllll that money on it !
  • MyFreakingNameIsScott
    MyFreakingNameIsScott Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Pre-workout is good but certainly not necessary. At. All.

I use it but not all of the time. Only when I’m really dragging and one can get used to it so periods staying away are necessary. I don’t do coffee or soda.

Look at more than just GNC is also my suggestion. Do your homework and even run stuff by your doc. I’ve sent my doc everything I have looked at and she gave me great feedback on all of it and even sent me a medical periodical about occlusion training.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Pre-workout is good but certainly not necessary. At. All.

I use it but not all of the time. Only when I’m really dragging and one can get used to it so periods staying away are necessary. I don’t do coffee or soda.

Look at more than just GNC is also my suggestion. Do your homework and even run stuff by your doc. I’ve sent my doc everything I have looked at and she gave me great feedback on all of it and even sent me a medical periodical about occlusion training.

I have a few supplements in my cabinet that I have used off an on but I got those free to try. I wouldnt pay what they want for them. most of the time they sit there and expire until I throw them out. I take a multivitamin, vitamin D to keep my levels in a normal range and magnesium. maybe a probiotic once in awhile. I will use protein powder/bar if I dont get enough protein in that day. but I dont take pre workout,creating or any of those things. thermogenics also dont do much of anything really. not like they used to before they banned certain ingredients. if you want to lose fat,you make sure you have a slight deficit.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    In the fitness industry a pretty good rule of thumb before buying anything is to ask yourself if that person is being paid to sell you it. If it's yes. Be very skeptical especially if it's made out to be a must have and or magic supplement
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Good rule to remember for thermogenics: If it works, it isn't legal; if it's legal, it doesn't work.