BLOOD SUGAR DIET ??

Options
Hey has anyone done the blood sugar diet ? I'm currently attempting it only on 2 day but I feel so weak! Is this normal ?

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    It is not surprising that you feel run down if you are only eating 800 calories a day.

The craziest part of this diet is that it adds complicated steps to a genuinely good diet. Follow the general eating guidelines of the Mediterranean Diet within a reasonable calorie restriction, rather than two weeks, followed by two days a week at very low restrictions and you will get the same results.

An occasional 800 calorie day is one thing if you aren't hungry or not feeling well, but there is no good reason to force yourself to eat that low.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

I'm doing the blood sugar diet which is the same man that did the 5:2 plan .... it's basic principles is meaditerrainian style food , no pasta, rice, wheat, sugar. You do 8 weeks at 800 cals a day and then increase your cals to eat to appetite afterwards

Michael Mosely seems as though he's trying to become the UK's version Dr. Oz.....so much wrong information in the 5:2 book.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I think it's because I'm also exercising. I've used myfitnesspal before and lost 7 stone but 2 kids later and no thyroid I thought I would give it a shot. I think maybe your right I should do 2 days of fasting and 5 days of maybe 1200 ? X

Sounds like you're trying to do 5:2IF, but incorrectly. The plan calls for two, non-consecutive low calorie days, (500 calories), with the other 5 days being at MAINTENANCE calories (or close to it). Doing two low calorie days and then doing restricted calories on the other 5 days is a really bad idea.

I'm doing the blood sugar diet which is the same man that did the 5:2 plan .... it's basic principles is meaditerrainian style food , no pasta, rice, wheat, sugar. You do 8 weeks at 800 cals a day and then increase your cals to eat to appetite afterwards

If you want to risk self-harm in an effort to lose weight quickly, and would like to increase your chances of developing an eating disorder or setting yourself up for a lifetime of yo-yo dieting, then this would be a great way to do that. I'm not sure what else to say, except this is a bad idea and an unhealthy plan.
  • MerryMavis1
    MerryMavis1 Posts: 73 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I think it's because I'm also exercising. I've used myfitnesspal before and lost 7 stone but 2 kids later and no thyroid I thought I would give it a shot. I think maybe your right I should do 2 days of fasting and 5 days of maybe 1200 ? X

Sounds like you're trying to do 5:2IF, but incorrectly. The plan calls for two, non-consecutive low calorie days, (500 calories), with the other 5 days being at MAINTENANCE calories (or close to it). Doing two low calorie days and then doing restricted calories on the other 5 days is a really bad idea.

I used Mosley's 5:2IF plan for part of my weight loss phase and had always thought he was pretty solid, but I just lost all respect for him if this is what he's currently promoting.

eta: I couldn't believe he'd actually be pushing this so I just googled, wow has he gone off the deep end-makes me so angry! Shame on him for promoting such an unhealthy vlcd for people who aren't under medical supervision. I've always promoted his Eat, Fast & Live Longer documentary, as well as his Fast Diet book, but I'll no longer be doing that, as I cannot support someone who's now pushing such unsafe garbage.

I am so pizzzed off right now :s
  • RoxySherwood89
    RoxySherwood89 Posts: 70 Member
    Options

I used Mosley's 5:2IF plan for part of my weight loss phase and had always thought he was pretty solid, but I just lost all respect for him if this is what he's currently promoting.

Google the 8 week blood sugar diet .... he's promoting this and been quite successful by all accounts.

I think I'm going to cut the carbs but keep up with the calories.
  • MerryMavis1
    MerryMavis1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options

Google the 8 week blood sugar diet .... he's promoting this and been quite successful by all accounts.

I added to my post (must have been typing when you were quoting lol). I googled it because I couldn't believe he'd actually be promoting this, very sad to see that he is :(
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Okay, but does *his* success selling the plan equate to sustainable and healthy results for people who are paying him for this diet plan?
This discussion has been closed.