UGH! Trying not to eat the whole pantry!

Options
This is the combo from H-E-double hockey sticks. It's TOM, I'm bored, and my 3 year old is sick, so we can't leave the house. I am trying all I can not to eat the whole pantry! I did 30DS downstairs while the boys watched cartoons this morning to give me SOME calories to eat back...but all the water and gum in the world is having a hard time holding me! :sad:

Replies

• wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    before you eat anything, go to your closet & start trying on clothes. Model them.

bon appetit
  • joymeg1
    joymeg1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    This was me last night!!! Thankfully my pantry has not been stocked with the really bad stuff for quite some time. So oh well I had a few crackers, peanut butter...its not the end of the world. Drink a big glass of water and get right back at it. Trying stepping away from the pantry (LOL) and go do something outside, shop or whatever it takes to take your mind somewhere else.
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    eat some celery with a little PB on it! protein to keep you full and the crunchy-ness of the celery will help with the munching.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    have a cup of hot tea...maybe some saltine crackers with tuna
  • Britt22706
    Options
    Well I know you can't leave the house so I can't say "go for a walk"...however, maybe you could clean? I know if I ever have a craving, but don't want to leave, I try to think of something I could do to stay productive and busy at home to keep my mind off of it. And if you work up a sweat, you could even count it as some exercise! :-)

If you don't want to clean (who ever does!) then maybe do an art project with your non sick child lol. IDK, just suggestions :-)
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    before you eat anything, go to your closet & start trying on clothes. Model them.

bon appetit

this is a good idea too! try on something old, a little bigger maybe. it'll show you how far you got. OR try on something that's a little snug that you really like and wanna look good in. :smile:
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I say - don't eat to solve stress......think and work hard developing things to do to occupy yourself.........food never solved emotional problems, always makes them worse 'cause we feel as if we've lost integrity and self respect.

just a thought.....
  • shelbygeorge29
    shelbygeorge29 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I say - don't eat to solve stress......think and work hard developing things to do to occupy yourself.........food never solved emotional problems, always makes them worse 'cause we feel as if we've lost integrity and self respect.

just a thought.....

Very wise advice. This is something we'll all need to learn to master, or at least get better at, to maintain our weight loss.

I was going to suggest staying on MFP and keeping your fingers busy that way. It's been working for me late at night when I'm dying to munch.
  • julesman
    Options
    I have just started MFP and need some suggestions about what to eat. It seems I am going over my limit every day!! I don't have a lot of time to exercise and will have even less when school starts back. HELP!
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I have a home office that I work from and I have no motivation - to work (which isn't good as I have deadlines today) to work out and not to eat anything I can. No TOM insight for me though... just tired and bored and lazy...... not a good combo.
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    make a big 'ol omelet - the protein will keep you full and stay away from the kitchen afterwards :-)
  • foremaar012
    Options
    when i get like that ( as in yesterday lol) I force myself into tight jeans....it makes me not want to eat for fear of bloat annnnd if i do eat im extremely uncomfortable.
  • Bamacraft
    Bamacraft Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    i like crunchy peanut butter and apple slices. or maybe snack on some oatmeal with PB. Get you a women's health mag and look at the cover girl physique and read an article, find your goal and focus on that. I kept a men's health next to my bed. when i saw all the commercials on food it got me wanting something to eat. I'd pick up and read and make myself jealous of all the guys with abs (especially with my wife next to me going "ooh look at that") LOL.
  • ShannaB83185
    ShannaB83185 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    This was for sure me yesterday! TOM came in on a surprise early visit and on my weigh in day :( I wanted to eat like a crazy person yesterday but I held it in and I did go over my cals by about 197 but it satisfied me to eat a small 100 calorie bag of oreos it was worth it.. I feel much better today.. Don't give in and stay strong you can do it!!!