Women’s best capsules

Options
Has anyone ever used the any supplements like the women’s best slim caps and burner caps? Or the pristine world slim caps and hunger caps for that extra ‘boost’ of weight loss??? I understand to use a CICO method, I was just reading a post about them and was intrigued

Replies

• Slu13
    Slu13 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I wasn’t going to buy them, I’m just intrigued into what they do really! X
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Nothing except make you poorer!
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    Options
    The "Mechanism" for the Woman's Best Slim Capsules is that the Glucomannan (Konjac root) is ingested and saturated with water to form a glob of fiber in your stomach so you physically feel fuller. Like eating a partially soluble sponge or other fiber source -- not too dissimilar to eating a salad and water prior to your main course.

I'm not familiar with the "Pristine' World" product, so I won't offer any input.

However, something that I've found to be quite axiomatic over all the years is that if you could buy a pill that could make you thin, Oprah wouldn't be so heavy (surely one of the world's wealthiest women with an expressed desire to reduce her weight that has tried quite a few "creative" solutions would have already purchased and used such a pill).
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Most of them have caffeine to make you feel more energetic. That's about it. Take some caffeine pills for cheaper.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Just a note, but if a product is filed as a supplement then it by regulation cannot provide evidence to support that it is effective.

Save your money on pretty much all supplements unless you have a documented medical issue.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Slu13 wrote: »

Usually they either have caffeine in them to make you feel amped up, or fiber so you feel a bit more full. You can get the same effect for less money by drinking a cup of coffee and eating more fiber (or even taking Metamucil).

Other times they have absolutely nothing effective in them and the placebo effect is the only reason they exist.

Rarely, they have snuck in an ingredient that is effective and illegal but not on the ingredient list, because it can also hurt (sometimes kill) you.

Because supplements are unregulated, there is really no good way to tell which is which :smiley:
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Slu13 wrote: »

They make your wallet lighter. That’s it.

A good rule of thumb for weight loss supplements: If it works, it isn’t legal; if it’s legal, it doesn’t work.