Acne??

Options
When I was on a totally unhealthy diet with barely any excercise, I had clear skin and rarely had breakouts. Ever since I’ve been eating healthy and excercising regularly, my skin has been looking terrible. I cleanse my face after every workout because of the sweat (which is something I’ve usually done even when not working out). I’m not sure if it’s just a one off situation and my acne decided to humble me....but I hate it.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Replies

• misaloundra
    misaloundra Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I haven't had acne, but my skin type has changed since I started my health journey. It was pretty okay before. Hydrated and good looking, and now it's more and more dry each week. I think we can expect our body to freak out a little bit, with all those changes (exercice, different food, etc). Maybe I'm wrong (I probably am, not a doctor..) but it's what I told myself anyway.
  • alancorey1979
    alancorey1979 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I haven’t noticed in changes in my skin but what has changed is the amount of gas I have... I’m like a natural gas plant here. Thinking about subsidizing the coal industry with it. Haha
  • courtneyarmstead
    courtneyarmstead Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Where are you getting the acne?

Just on my forehead, mainly. I’m not sure if it’s because of the working out or just me.
  • courtneyarmstead
    courtneyarmstead Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I haven't had acne, but my skin type has changed since I started my health journey. It was pretty okay before. Hydrated and good looking, and now it's more and more dry each week. I think we can expect our body to freak out a little bit, with all those changes (exercice, different food, etc). Maybe I'm wrong (I probably am, not a doctor..) but it's what I told myself anyway.

My body is probably like “what are you doing?” And like you said, freaking out! I did read an article that I may be experiencing breakouts due to my body trying to rid itself of the bad toxins...but who knows!?
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options

My body is probably like “what are you doing?” And like you said, freaking out! I did read an article that I may be experiencing breakouts due to my body trying to rid itself of the bad toxins...but who knows!?

This could most likely be it.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options

This could most likely be it.
    Where are you getting the acne?

Just on my forehead, mainly. I’m not sure if it’s because of the working out or just me.

Forehead acne could mean you’re having troubles digesting food. Possibly related to your new diet. Could also be lack of sleep, stress and dehydration.

Both very possible. Do you get sweaty hair while you work out? Maybe wear a head band and make sure to stay hydrated.