• aobhro
    aobhro Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I’m in too. Feel free to add me.
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    karenesg wrote: »
    Left cold, wet upstate NY yesterday just under 200 **finally** to spend the week on the beach in sunny southern Florida. No scales in site, just tikki bars, pina coladas and lots of happy people on holiday! Hoping to - no, planning to - walk daily, swim, and not go overboard. Wish me luck! B)

Good luck! Have fun!
  • Willowwhirl
    Willowwhirl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Enjoy those long walks on the beach! You'll be fine!
  • Willowwhirl
    Willowwhirl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Since this is about accountability, I have to tell on myself. I've been very good about logging accurately, allowing little treats here and there but logging them and not going over board.
    Until last night.
    My daughter's Easter basket. She's 2, she won't eat that Lindt chocolate rabbit right? No nutritional info but there was a bar code. I thought, eh, ill scan and log it tomorrow.
    This morning, I look at the wrapper, like a drunk with a hangover looking at last night's bar receipt, and scan it to yesterday's log.
    548 calories!!??!!!
    So. Not. Worth. It.
    Eating super healthy today. Easter is over, so is the chocolate.

• mrsjhardin
    mrsjhardin Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    SW: 225 (1/1/18)
    UGW: 140
    9/1 Goal: 149

4/4: 191
    4/9: 190
    4/16: 187.9
  • Katie2ih
    Katie2ih Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m in!
  • lps1dragonfly
    lps1dragonfly Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have been bad at checking in! I don't even remember my weight's (if any) from before.
    Today I was 122 this AM.
    Last wk I was 120........
    hmmm.......
  • fdeaver
    fdeaver Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Starting: 256
    Current: 246.3
  • eTrevor79
    eTrevor79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    This is not going well.
  • Silhouette_man
    Silhouette_man Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    @eTrevor79 What's not going well. Lets talk about it.
  • Xia21
    Xia21 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My problem is consistency. I want to lift 5 days a week , and I figure that I could have a few ppl that I check in with to help me build the habit.

Cw172
    Gw 140s until further notice
    Add me plz :)
  • mamaweesa
    mamaweesa Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    blujp wrote: »
    I'm in! I lost 60lbs a couple years ago but it's allll come back. Gotta get my butt into gear again.

SW: 299
    GW: 165

Not sure how you did it before, but I can tell you that what helped me lose and keep it off was by changing my everyday habits. I didn't ever starve myself of anything in particular. I allowed myself little indulgences on occasion. I just made sure that for the most part I chose healthy habits. That's what worked for me to keep it off, but everyone is unique so it's not a cure all. Hope it helps somehow though!
  • mamaweesa
    Options
    A little late but I would like to join in too!

Just as a little bit of background information, I’m 24 and 5’6. I originally joined MFP in my second year of university in 2013 as my weight had reached 158lbs due to my partying/student lifestyle. I got down to 129lb in around 10 months and was very happy at this weight.

However, after I lost the weight I stopped paying attention and I gained around 10-15lbs over the next 2 years.

Then, 18 months ago I started my job as a teacher which I found very stressful and I forgot about health altogether. I knew I was gaining weight but when I stood on the scales this morning I weighed 185lbs! I don’t think I feel/look 55lbs over my goal weight but the scales don’t lie!

In the last year I’ve been having stomach problems and I’ve finally identified that I’m intolerant to both lactose and gluten. This has a big impact on my weight as I bloat like crazy and this causes huge fluctuations in weight. So I’ve set my goal of 25lbs to lose but I’m going to be focussing more on things like dress size and measurements.

Starting: 185
    April 14th: 185
    September 1st weigh in goal: 160
    Ultimate goal: 130

Sorry for the very long message!

Rebecca :smile:

It's important to remember that you're beautiful no matter what the number on the scale says! You seem to understand that so you have the keys to success!! It took me a very long time to learn that, but for the first time ever I am losing weight for my health rather than anything else. Can't wait to see what you will do!
  • sweetneat75
    sweetneat75 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Count me in as well!! All feel free to add me
  • ga911girl
    ga911girl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Let's do this!
  • mamaweesa
    Options
    I have been bad at checking in! I don't even remember my weight's (if any) from before.
    Today I was 122 this AM.
    Last wk I was 120........
    hmmm.......

MFP keeps track of that for you if you ever want to go back and look. It is listed under "progress" in the app or I think under "charts" on the website. Two pound gain isn't fun but it's manageable. Just get back on track, you'll do fine!
  • mamaweesa
    Options
    @lps1dragonfly I just realized you're talking 120-122 not 220-222. I am hoping you are keeping a healthy BMI hun <3 I don't know your height but if you fall into the average range then it may not be good for your body to lose 25 pounds... Just want you to be safe ❤️