Advice? HELP HELP HELP

Options
Really unhappy with my tummy fat. I want to get rid of it and be slim like this for summer. Help! I already eat healthy and count my macros.... I can’t get a gym memebership either

Replies

• sjulez26
    sjulez26 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    dpthzk9b89cz.jpeg
    u6ecdg5hd42m.jpeg
  • sjulez26
    Options
    How much weight do I need to lose lmao I’m like 136 now
  • sjulez26
    Options
    Only the second pic is me:/ I’ve been eating a lot of fruits veggies and smaller portions. And more protein! Yeah I need help:/ I’m not allowed to get a membership again. I am an 18 year old female 5’6
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    sjulez26 wrote: »
    I’m not allowed to get a membership again.

Why?
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    You could buy some resistance bands and a kettle ball. Between those are using your own body weight you can make some gains.
  • sjulez26
    Options
    I used to have one and didn’t go enough so my parents stopped paying for it. I have money but not enough to keep it :(
  • sjulez26
    Options
    I have a treadmill at home but that’s pretty much it
  • sjulez26
    Options
    I think I want to get back to 122-5ish bc at that weight I didn’t have a muffin top and you could see my waist more. I didn’t look perfect though :( I was still unhappy with my belly fat.... it’s never gonna go away
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    You can see this thread with bodyweight routines.. just make sure you are progressing over time.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • sardelsa
    Options
    I think I want to get back to 122-5ish bc at that weight I didn’t have a muffin top and you could see my waist more. I didn’t look perfect though :( I was still unhappy with my belly fat.... it’s never gonna go away

Yea that is exactly what I was talking about in my post above.. you keep losing weight, both fat and muscle. Then without muscle under your body may not look how you want it to. It can take quite some time to get to your goal, so patience will be key.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    I came across a bunch of callisthenics journey videos where people were working out just using body weight and simple playground equipment and they seemed to be getting amazing results.

Can't say I've done it myself but it might be something you can look into in lieu of a gym membership
  • sjulez26
    Options
    Why do I have no muscle in the first place? Like some people naturally have it
  • sardelsa
    Options
    Why do I have no muscle in the first place? Like some people naturally have it

Genetics, dieting in the past and losing it, lack of resistance training, lack of protein. I had a decent muscle base in the past before I got pregnant. I used to be on the track & field team when I was a kid. Then in my teens/20s while I wasn't into lifting, I did some bodyweight and interval training stuff, kept pretty active. Then I lost most of my muscle by dieting way down without exercise or adequate protein, and I had to build it up again.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

Yea that is exactly what I was talking about in my post above.. you keep losing weight, both fat and muscle. Then without muscle under your body may not look how you want it to. It can take quite some time to get to your goal, so patience will be key.

Yes, you need to recomp by eating at maintenance calories and doing heavy lifting (which does not require a gym membership). Here's a picture I post all the time of a woman who did a recomp. On the left, at her goal weight. You can see that she still looks sort of soft and squishy. On the right, after a recomp. She's 14 pounds heavier on the right (by adding muscle) but her body looks leaner. I'm assuming this is the sort of look you're going for.

But it will take time--like a year or so. I know it seems like forever, but it's the only way to reach your goal.

bodycomp_zps680e3d53.jpg