Is anyone else a vegetarian/vegan trying to lose weight?

Options
Hey everyone!

I've been a vegetarian for 7 years now and am trying to lose weight! Just looking for more vegetarian/vegan friends. If you eat meat, you can still feel free to add me! We're all trying to get to the same goal by different ways all in all :)

Replies

• WithyWillow1
    WithyWillow1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am vegan and trying to become more whole foods/no oil than I am now. I do have over 100 lbs to lose, but I'm not restricting. I'm adopting the Dr. John McDougall outlook to health and nutrition.
  • Ivanapoutine
    Ivanapoutine Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian here for 22 years. I have 40 lbs to lose. Needing to get motivated to add more veggies into my life. Feel free to add :)
  • savvysumner
    savvysumner Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian here my whole 25 years of life. Still need to lose 10 pounds
  • ClayBengal
    ClayBengal Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I was vegan and prefer that lifestyle but I gained weight so I tried keto. I wish I could get the weight loss vegan because I feel it’s more natural and healthy.
  • mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsa12
    mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsa12 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I’ve been vegan for 20 years. Trying to get back on the healthy eating bandwagon! Always glad to connect.
  • violetcutie
    violetcutie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm a newbie vegan. I've been 100% committed since January, so going on 4 months. I'd love more vegan friends that have recipe ideas or tips. Anyone is free to add me :smiley: Have a beautiful day!
  • eviltwinz
    eviltwinz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am trying to go vegetarian....have not eaten beef or pork for several years and am slowly weaning off my once a week chicken and fish. It has been a slow process but I am getting there. Having a hard time finding things to eat that are quick....
  • cathyeu
    cathyeu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m vegetarian and trying to lose about 7-10 lbs. I was vegan for awhile which my body seemed to like but it was difficult to maintain that diet given that I have three kids I cook for, none of whom are vegetarian or vegan.
  • HeadBangingBabe
    HeadBangingBabe Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Former vegan here. While I don't eat too much of it, I do consume some meats and dairy now. I've been trying to stick to a mostly vegetarian diet for this round of weight loss. Feel free to add me, too!
  • ValentinePamplemousse
    Options
    I’m a vegan. I’d love to work with you.
  • mikhnpaitsmum
    mikhnpaitsmum Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Vegan for 3 years vegetarian for 11 before that...always looking for more friends:-)
  • Ssarungallo
    Ssarungallo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have chosen to eat meat which is ethically + sustainably sourced. And since I am also a student living in the city this has meant that I am pretty much a vegetarian for the moment as everything is so expensive. haha! :) I tried legitimately (although superficially) to lose weight last year (although I was not eating vegetarian then) with good results. However, I became quite obsessive over calories and fasting and this all seriously negatively affect my life. I didn't really want to go out with friends as I wasn't sure I'd be able to eat at wherever we were going. I didn't want to go to parties etc. When I did eat something on the 'bad' list I felt horrible so would give up and binge eat. Then, I would likely fast for a full day the following day. Not good stuff. Now, I just eat unhealthy foods all the time, but I am working on my mental health. I put all the weight back on though, which sucks, and I need to lose at least 15kg to get back in the 'healthy' range for my height (which is short hahaha!).
  • jennylaura99
    jennylaura99 Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Vegetarian here. Lots of weight to lose, but I'm focusing on GAINING healthy habits. I just started using Hungry Root to help with meal planning and really like it! I am DEFINITELY missing sugar and eating out. On the plus side, I won this week's Fitbit challenge against (much skinnier/fitter) coworkers, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.
  • rimir74
    rimir74 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Brought up Vegetarian and have been all my life. I lost about 7kg (64.5 to 57.5) in 2016 when I first logged onto MFP.

Been maintaining for 18 or more months. I log all my meals diligently (770 days now) and CICO has enabled me to maintain with very minimal to no exercise. Feel free to add me...
  • SelenaMariaStewart
    SelenaMariaStewart Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Vegan here too! Any of you can feel free to add me too :smile:
  • BalkanBlonde
    BalkanBlonde Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi! Been vegan for over a year now which has helped my autoimmune issue tremendously. Looking to lose weight now. Obviously macros are not working well on this diet. How are you all doing it? I am going to start working out and just count calories. I eat healthy and lower fat and Whole Foods. Would love some support! Want to lose 20 lbs!!!
  • Xia21
    Xia21 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Vegan for a few years
    I've already lost quite a bit of weight, but I'm just being a bit lazy these days.
    I want to lift 4-5 days a week as a lifestyle change.

Cw172
    Gw 140s
  • katelaurel390
    katelaurel390 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’ve been vegan for about a year and a half now (was vegetarian for like 7 years before that). Looking to lose about 40lbs I gained over the last 3 or so years.

Happy to have more like minded friends to help motivate each other on here - so feel free to add me! My food diary is open to friends, if you care to see and maybe even get some meal ideas lol!