Notice the change ???

Along my journey so far I’ve dropped 17lb and apart from belly bloat I’ve not noticed any change in my physical appearance and neither has anyone else.
When did people start to notice a change in their shape or start to drop clothes size ?
Thank you for reading

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    It depends on how much weight you need to lose. I had 20lbs to lose so I noticed after the first 7lbs my clothes were looser.
  • Merlotmom16
    Merlotmom16 Posts: 124 Member
    I've lost and gained but I can tell you that It took me to around 20 before I saw a change in how my clothes fit. I also think that the exercise I am doing has more of an impact on where I am losing. I am walking more and see a greater loss in inches around my waist, thighs and butt. This time I'm down 29 lbs and two jeans sizes. I have 62 lbs to go before I reach goal.
  • 30kgin2017
    30kgin2017 Posts: 228 Member
    I am relatively short at 5"4, when I started this time I could stand to lose at least 70pds (wow thats daunting when I put it like that). So far I've lost 10pds and like you tummy bloating has gone down which is noticeable in my non stretchy work skirts but not to anyone else as I am wearing the same shirt which covers it. I have also found some shorts fits better (again I notice in in non stretchy stiff better) and have noticed a fractional change in the sleeves of my workshirts, now I can see the the iron crease the whole way down my biceps where as before it was all filled out to the max.

As for anyone else noticing I would say thats probably another 10pds away for me at least. I've been down this road before and know that some people notice and dont say anything anyway. My husband is probably the first one who will notice and actually say something though he hasnt as yet. Unfortunately I am going through that deflated stage where my stomach is hanging more than usual and thighs are really wobbly so looking at myself in the mirror I can only see that. I know that I will start looking better soon so I am trying to keep on track until then.
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    people probably have noticed and so far actually appropriately keeping their mouths shut. it's rare enjoy that while it lasts. soon all the "experts" will notice and annoy you with nonsense fad diet advice.
  • kpsyche
    kpsyche Posts: 345 Member
    Depends on how much I suck my stomach in xD (I say it as a joke but it's probably true for me hahaha).

I've lost 15lb so far and my tum tum seems just as protruding as ever but measuring it with a tape measure shows that it's a little bit smaller in circumference (about 3cm smaller). Visually it's a slight difference but not heaps. That said, I can see changes in other parts of my body. I'm doing strength training as well as cardio[1] and I'm definitely not a jiggly anymore. My calves, arms and chest are larger. Because my chest is larger now, when I'm wearing a shirt my stomach looks smaller than it is because my chest holds the shirt away from Mr Tum Tum :smiley:

[1] I started doing cardio mainly so I could eat more LOL. I'm losing about 0.7kg (1.5 pounds) a week which is fine for me
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    I lost a little over 60 and it wasn't very noticeable until close to 20.
  • thelettermegan
    thelettermegan Posts: 49 Member
    I've heard that some people get a sort of phantom limb effect where they still feel like they're carrying the weight they lost for a few weeks. Sometimes the best thing to do is to find something you like about the things you have to do to lose the weight - it could be the craft of cooking, or the money you save when you're cooking for yourself, or a camaraderie/endorphins you get from a good workout, or . . .I mean that's what works for me, there's probably something very motivating that will work for you until you start to see the results - and you will see them.
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    I’ve lost 15kg so far (33lb) and I’m only just starting to notice a difference in how SOME clothes fit. I don’t notice a difference in how I look yet, but just in the last week or so a couple of people have noticed. I still have a lot to lose though (another 35-40kg/ 77-88lb), but I remind myself that I’m on a journey that will take time and dedication.

I love knowing I’m making positive changes though, and figure the reward of noticing/ other people noticing will come later! For now, I’m just enjoying the fact that changes are happening!
  • ssmith8823
    ssmith8823 Posts: 6 Member
    Thanks all.
    I’m 5ft 8 and have another 50lb to lose before my target.
    My husband can see the difference but I can’t see any changes as yet.
    I’ve tried so many times to get my weight under control and this is the 1st time I’ve actually stuck to it.
    I will start taking a full body photo once a month and hopefully that way I will see the change for myself
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    ssmith8823 wrote: »
    Thanks all.
    I’ve tried so many times to get my weight under control and this is the 1st time I’ve actually stuck to it.
    I will start taking a full body photo once a month and hopefully that way I will see the change for myself

If your husband can see the difference, it's happening. Many who are overweight continue to see their old selves in the mirror. Your plan to take pictures will help you see what he sees.
  • jefamer2017
    jefamer2017 Posts: 416 Member
    I started noticing at 14lbs. I am getting curves again instead of just a big blob of fat.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    evileen99 wrote: »
    ssmith8823 wrote: »
    Thanks all.

If your husband can see the difference, it's happening. Many who are overweight continue to see their old selves in the mirror. Your plan to take pictures will help you see what he sees.

My husband couldn't see the difference, even after he helped me zip up a dress that didn't zip a few months ago.
  • 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    I didn't feel any difference till I lost almost 20#, I finally took some measurements and saw that I was losing space, and my tight jeans were less tight, and my just right jeans were too big, but no, I don't see it and the only person who sees it, "sees" it, even when I haven't lost any.....
    I actually felt better not from the pounds gone, but from working out consistently, I felt stronger very quickly.
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    I felt my clothes were looser at 20 pounds lost. I saw differences in the measuring tape about then, too. I think continuing to wear the same clothes covered up my progress, so nobody could see the changes until I wore better fitting clothes. I agree: take progress photos. By that I mean: your face, a full frontal, a picture from the side. Get a picture of your backside, too, either using a mirror or having your husband help you out. The pictures told me more about the changes than the numbers on the scale.

And brace yourself. When people finally notice you're losing weight, you'll start getting those "Wow, you look great" comments, then "Oooh, don't lose any more weight, you look perfect as you are," then "you should stop losing weight, you're starting to look ill." You might find you get sick of the comments.
  • DragonHasTheSapphire
    DragonHasTheSapphire Posts: 184 Member
    Heck I started noticing my clothes melt away the first 10 lbs I lost. Thanks water weight!

Anyway, I started noiticing my facial features coming out (like high cheek bones and jaw line) after losing 30 lbs.
  • xxerniexx
    xxerniexx Posts: 104 Member
    i cant feel my loss, around 45 pounds so far but i personally cannot see it yet. i can feel it in how i move and how my clothes fit but i cant see it. i an fit back into some of my 3xl and my 42 shorts before i was a tight 4xl and a really tight 46...
    others can from what they tell me and i cant stress the importance of progress pictures and that really put it into light for me, from day one to the end of month three about 40is pounds the two pictures were vastly different.

keep it up!