Online dating faux pas

Options

Replies

• Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    I’ve never used a dating app but dammit you guys are really selling it.

You're on mfp so...
  • ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
    Options

You should.
  • projectsix
    projectsix Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options

This thread is online dating in a nutshell. The human psychology of online dating is incredible and really gives you a glimpse into inter-gender dynamics that you sort of don't really want to know about.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    RivenV wrote: »
    "I love to laugh!"

No *kitten*--who the hell doesn't?

HAHA ! I'm glad you said this. I always hated this too, I mean we all love to laugh. You want me to be your Jester?! Is that what you're asking? :p

YES.
    Now go put on your onesie and dance. :#
  • projectsix
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    "I love to laugh!"

HAHA ! I'm glad you said this. I always hated this too, I mean we all love to laugh. You want me to be your Jester?! Is that what you're asking? :p

YES.

You're cut off from Onesie dance gifs indefinitely until you behave!
  • tinak33
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    "I love to laugh!"

YES.

You're cut off from Onesie dance gifs indefinitely until you behave!

Well now, that's just mean.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    denny_mac wrote: »

If you decide to make a troll account on one, please share what are sure to be the hilarious results.

I absolutely know it would be, I just fear that my husband will fail to see the humor in it. Like, how could I possibly explain that away?

Just dress like a clown when you tell him. How could he not find that funny?
  • tinak33
    Options
    Had an online profile for literally 15 minutes. Got bombarded with pics, messages, etc. 1 pic and the absolute bare minimum on the profile. No cared.
    Except the one guy who yelled at me for only having 1 pic. lol
    Deleted that pretty quick, and will never venture into online dating again.

However, cliche things that bug me? "looking for my soulmate" and "no drama".
    I don't believe in soulmates. And pretty much everyone over the age of 5 has some kind of "drama".....
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    When they brag about their one eyed snake being above average.
  • YosemiteSlamAK
    YosemiteSlamAK Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    When they say they are "really close with their family" and it means they still live with all of them or their ex is sleeping on the couch in the living room
  • cee134
    Options
    I only have one profile pic. I thought about adding another one but I never get any responses. Anyone know why?
  • cee134
    Options
    I always get responses like, "Don't talk to me freak" or "Your profile pic is *kitten* up" and then I get blocked.
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    I always get responses like, "Don't talk to me freak" or "Your profile pic is *kitten* up" and then I get blocked.

Maybe if you had a ruler, tape-measure, or a beer can next to the snake in your pic they could compare to known standards?
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    Options
    denny_mac wrote: »

Maybe if you had a ruler, tape-measure, or a beer can next to the snake in your pic they could compare to known standards?

I thought I was the only one who did that!
    ... umm... not IN the beer can like a Crayola in a trashcan; next to the beer can
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    After reading through some of these, I am sure glad I exited the dating scene before the internet. Everybody I ever dated, I met at work or while doing something I enjoyed. Got to know them before asking them out. From some of the comments I have read it seems like people are putting out a persona that they think will impress or that they think is impressive. Sooner or later the real person is revealed. I'll admit, I was no good-looking smooth talker, but the few that did like me, liked me and were not misled.
  • projectsix
    Options

Woah, you get responses!?
  • cee134
    Options

Woah, you get responses!?

Of course I do. I definitely don't make fake profiles and respond to myself.