Minutes per mile

Options
How do I change the running options in exercises to minutes per mile? Kph makes my head spin

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Your general settings which includes weight and height for body stats.
    If that's set to metric, assumption is made and all is metric.

Oh, it'll still be mph though sadly, but once you know your range, not that bad.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    search for running 6.0mph or what ever speed you ran
  • mklgn5449
    mklgn5449 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys!
  • mklgn5449
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    Your general settings which includes weight and height for body stats.
    If that's set to metric, assumption is made and all is metric.

Oh, it'll still be mph though sadly, but once you know your range, not that bad.

It is set to pounds, inches etc. It still won't give me minutes per mile. :(
  • mklgn5449
    Options
    It's useless if I can't convert it.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    odd, when I search running the only entries that come up are in MPH. are you using the app or the on line version of MFP? I am using the online, maybe the app is different
  • mklgn5449
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »
    odd, when I search running the only entries that come up are in MPH. are you using the app or the on line version of MFP? I am using the online, maybe the app is different

I am using the phone app. I deleted it recently when there was a security breach, reinstalled it and MPH and Minutes per mile don't exist anymore...
  • JMcGee2018
    JMcGee2018 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    mklgn5449 wrote: »

There should be a way to change it over, but if not you can always use Google to figure out what the conversion is.
  • mklgn5449
    Options
    JMcGee2018 wrote: »
    mklgn5449 wrote: »

There should be a way to change it over, but if not you can always use Google to figure out what the conversion is.

Always having to have a piece of paper on hand to convert would defeat the purpose of the app. Thanks!
  • heybales
    Options
    well, you'll likely notice that the ranges are not that narrow when you convert them.

How many different ranges are you really doing?

The oddness of seeing only metric aside, it's likely very usable once you figure out where your range is.

Oh, despite the name MyFitnessPal - I think you'll find the majority find the purpose of the app to be for food logging, and not exercise logging.
  • mklgn5449
    Options
    I finally figured it out. Thanks you guys!
  • mklgn5449
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    well, you'll likely notice that the ranges are not that narrow when you convert them.

How many different ranges are you really doing?

The oddness of seeing only metric aside, it's likely very usable once you figure out where your range is.

Oh, despite the name MyFitnessPal - I think you'll find the majority find the purpose of the app to be for food logging, and not exercise logging.

I like it for both.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

Odd. When I search for running, the only entries that some up are in kph. And it's the online version. And I have my stats in US measures.

No big deal for me since I measure my distance in km anyway, but still.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    ccsernica wrote: »

Odd. When I search for running, the only entries that some up are in kph. And it's the online version. And I have my stats in US measures.

No big deal for me since I measure my distance in km anyway, but still.

Very strange. My Garmin auto-logs my exercise, and my run today logged in mph in the Exercise diary (as it always does). If I do a search for "Running" in the exercise database, every one of them comes up in mph.
  • heybales
    Options
    ^^^ Ditto, running in mph, and the weight to change in lbs.

Now, because of the hacking fiasco, had cleared cache for MFP entries and logged back in.