Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Getting lean ?

Hi people hope you are all well , started my fitness journey losing a few pounds with the diet I’m on , looking for cardio work outs ? My gym is equipped with steppers, treadmills , spinner bikes and rowing machines plus more , anyone willing to share a work out routine ? Thank you :)

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Do whatever cardio you like doing and do some resistance training running an established program.
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    My husband usually does some warm up on the treadmill, switches to the stairclimber then finishes up with a stationary bike. I think he devotes about 1 hour 15 minutes to his routine.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    edited April 2018
    If getting lean is your goal, strength training (along with adequate protein intake) should be part of your training routine. It helps preserve muscle while losing the fat. There is a comprehensive list of strength training programs here, with links to most of them: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,996 Member
    I've tried them all and own a spin bike and rower. The rower works best for me and haven't used my spin bike for almost a year.

Lost 41# and reduced my BF to 8.3% (as last measured by hydro) over the past 23 months, largely w/o doing much cardio. Just closely monitoring and controlling my eating combined w/heavy weight lifting.

My current routine involves rowing everyday 7 days a wk for 1 hr a day and lifting and doing body weight exercises every other day for an additional hr a day on weekdays.

However, this routine is designed to enable me to maintain my prior weight loss and strength/fitness gains, not to lose any more weight or further increase my strength or fitness.

So, depending on your goals and your current weight, strength and fitness level, it probably would not be appropriate for you.
  • michaelpriceuk3760
    michaelpriceuk3760 Posts: 11 Member

Thank you for all your replies great info!