Vague thread

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    ChaelAZ wrote: »
    I am sure you haven't messaged me yet because of that whole message glitch thing therefore I just didn't receive it and I am too stubborn to message first and find out so I am just going to stick with that. :D:D

What's the PM glitch? I have got PMs.

Most aren't going through unless you are friends or if you message a non-friend and then they happen to message you back or you tag them and tell them to message you back. But the very first message will never actually go through.
  • projectsix
    projectsix Posts: 5,088 Member
    edited April 2018
    I am sure you haven't messaged me yet because of that whole message glitch thing therefore I just didn't receive it and I am too stubborn to message first and find out so I am just going to stick with that. :D:D

If they're not on your FL and you PM them for the first time, they will not receive it. It just goes, nowhere into non-existence land.

If they then PM you back, because you originally sent one, you will receive it and then you can PM back and forth at that point but not until both parties PM each other once.
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    edited April 2018

If they're not on your FL and you PM them for the first time, they will not receive it. It just goes, nowhere into non-existence land.

If they then PM you back, because you originally sent one, you will receive it and then you can PM back and forth at that point but not until both parties PM each other once.

So is it a glitch then or just a clunky way to keep randos from sending messages?

Edited.
  • projectsix

So is it a glitch then or just a clunky way to keep randos from sending messages?

Edited.

MFP confirmed it's a bug when I submitted a bug ticket and they're working on it. For apparently the last month and a half. :D
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member

That pm glitch really really sucks.

Especially for people like me who don't maintain a friends list, I can essentially not PM anyone. Life is hard. :(

Yep.. I have sometimes pmed randoms just to say hey you're doing a good job etc .. but can't do that now :sad:
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    In the club looking so conspicuous

I'm going to quote Ludacris now.

I hate it when it's too many *kitten*, not enough *kitten*
    Too many rookies, not enough pros
    The game got switched on some Ludacris *kitten*
    So all y'all can *kitten* my *kitten*, *kitten*!!
  • ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member

I have got a few PM's from non FL people that I have never messaged. That is weird.

• projectsix

That pm glitch really really sucks.

Especially for people like me who don't maintain a friends list, I can essentially not PM anyone. Life is hard. :(

Yep.. I have sometimes pmed randoms just to say hey you're doing a good job etc .. but can't do that now :sad:

And I've tried to send rooster pics to randoms but they just never get read. It's a tragedy really and needs to be corrected, like yesterday.
  • slimgirljo15
    edited April 2018

You'll only get the pm if you have spoken with those people before on that acc basically.. but anyone you've not spoken with before their message won't go through unless they drop a hint on forum and then you pm them which seems to close the loop.
  • ChaelAZ
    You'll only get the pm if you have spoken with those people before on that acc basically.. but anyone you've not spoken with before their message won't go through unless they drop a hint on forum and then you pm them which seems to close the loop.

Okay. must be something in that tag magic or such. Starting to think MFP changed and no one really communicated anymore. And besides...

ceaa6d6d446ee3ff5d37ca8cd1950889cc08a0bca7fd10424a30cf115c8cbdcd.jpg

• projectsix
    edited April 2018

I have got a few PM's from non FL people that I have never messaged. That is weird.

Are you 100% certain on that @ChaelAZ ? I'd be surprised. I've had ~15 occurrences and it's been 100% reproducible.

kkzXzhd.png
  • projectsix
    7H3_J0K3R wrote: »

Edited.

MFP confirmed it's a bug when I submitted a bug ticket and they're working on it...

0YTvNOG.gif

Like new reaction buttons.

Or maybe even just securing 150 million peoples personal private data so it's not stolen, I'd be cool with that? Damn now I want to watch that movie! It's been awhile, great flick.
  • slimgirljo15
    newmeadow wrote: »

Edited.

MFP confirmed it's a bug when I submitted a bug ticket and they're working on it...

0YTvNOG.gif

Or maybe even just securing 150 million peoples personal private data so it's not stolen, I'd be cool with that.

Yeah that would be great. Kinda like making sure to close the barn doors after the horses ran off. And apparently they're working on it since I can no longer sign into MFP using my desktop with the Explorer browser anymore and am stuck MFPing on this dinky little phone with tiny text, tiny screen and no proper keyboard.

I had to delete all data and cookies in my samsung browser to get it to work again.
  • ChaelAZ

Are you 100% certain on that @ChaelAZ ? I'd be surprised. I've had ~15 occurrences and it's been 100% reproducible.

kkzXzhd.png

I didn't get yours and looking at what I have, a few were from before but I just had not read and another was from a FR that I messaged back, so maybe in that mix that is how I got them. ??? I just started logging in yesterday so catching up. I just tried to send one back.

Also, that sucks because I have messaged a few people and didn't even think they were not getting them.

Weird stuff. And this has been going on for months?
  • projectsix
    newmeadow wrote: »

Edited.

0YTvNOG.gif

Or maybe even just securing 150 million peoples personal private data so it's not stolen, I'd be cool with that.

Yeah that would be great. Kinda like making sure to close the barn doors after the horses ran off. And apparently they're working on it since I can no longer sign into MFP using my desktop with the Explorer browser anymore and am stuck MFPing on this dinky little phone with tiny text, tiny screen and no proper keyboard.

Well I work in technology and it's taking everything I have to not make fun of you for using Internet Explorer in the first place but you shouldn't have a problem with logging into the Web! I'm using it right now. They did made some changes though (I did notice) so if you clear your cookies and cache it should fix that.

Or even better, remove all shortcuts to the blue E and use the colourful circle titled Google Chrome. :p
  • slimgirljo15

kkzXzhd.png

I didn't get yours and looking at what I have, a few were from before but I just had not read and another was from a FR that I messaged back, so maybe in that mix that is how I got them. ??? I just started logging in yesterday so catching up. I just tried to send one back.

Also, that sucks because I have messaged a few people and didn't even think they were not getting them.

Weird stuff. And this has been going on for months?

I sent you one..
    Yep for months people have been sending pm thinking they were being ignored because no answers back..

• ChaelAZ
    I sent you one..
    Yep for months people have been sending pm thinking they were being ignored because no answers back..

Ahhh, I figure the same, but I did respond to a few older PM's I got when I poofed the other profile. I didn't see your PM either.

Well, this sucks. Who knows what drama, fun links, and generally shenanigans I am missing out on!

• ChaelAZ
    denny_mac wrote: »
    If one comments that a selfie is "Brave" would that be considered a compliment?

AFAF

As much as when someone say you are in great shape...for your age.
  • ChaelAZ
    If one comments that a selfie is "Brave" would that be considered a compliment?

AFAF

As much as when someone say you are in great shape...for your age.

You don't miss much, do you?

Nnnnnnnnope.
This discussion has been closed.