Working my butt off... and back on again

kalahmarii
kalahmarii Posts: 47 Member
I'm doing this sort of as a motivator, but also because I love seeing the posts where people have updated over the months and years of their weight loss.

Also a little tl;dr for the poor souls who don't want to read my -probably tmi- story: Started out cause I was annoyed at my non-ability to hike ALL the mountains; continued thanks to a friend that apparently didn't want to just be a friend. What can I say, I'm fuelled by spite ;) (scroll to the bottom for pics)

Height 5'4"
HW: 284
SW: 262
CW: 231
GW: ~150

I've technically been losing weight since August 2017. I decided enough was enough and I wanted to be able to hike all the mountains my home has to offer. I started hiking, eating a little healthier, drinking more water etc. but I hadn't really weighed myself or started a focused ~weight-loss journey~ Come Christmas-time I felt a hell of a lot better about myself and my health so I stepped on the scale and I was... down 20 pounds! Damn girl, good job! I think it took me experimenting to realize I could do this, and it really wasn't that hard.

Now, this all started because I was sick of not being able to do what I wanted to do. I wasn't pre-diabetic, I didn't have aching joints, not really any of the classic tropes of an obese 20-something. Notice how I said "started".

Now, here comes the classic "revenge-bod" story, and you, my darling MFP'ers, are going to get a front row seat, because my friends are sure as s**t sick of hearing me complain about the revenge-ee and shout about my victories.

Enter slightly more confident kalahmarii. I've lost 20+ lbs, feeling good, knowing I look good. I'm finally (for the first time in pretty much ever) feeling confident enough to maybe smile at a guy, say hi on the street etc. A close friend (who is also my best friend's cousin) apparently noticed. 3 months of flirting later and this boy finally decides to make a move, then hits me with "I'm not looking for a relationship right now". EXCUSE ME. What kind of lunatic wouldn't want this hot piece of a** on their arm?

Remember the fuelled by spite comment up at the top? This is where that comes in. Since "the night of bad decisions" as all of my friends have dubbed it, I've started running. I've finished my C25K, and moved on to 5kto10k. I've lost more weight, I'm down another pant size to a (vanity sized) 36" waist, and I'm actually WAY more confident in myself after the incident than I was before. Meanwhile, this "friend" apparently doesn't like the fact that other guys are now flirting with me, and has been doing everything in his power to shoo them away :| ANYWAY, long story short, I'm now confident af, and honestly a little worried about how annoying I'm going to get the more I lose :D

I hope to keep updating this thread as I work my way to snacc status. Anyone who read all the way through this is a true hero.

dfe5u45n5g8f.jpg
0jyslc32sn92.jpg
hxgatn5qej91.jpg

Replies

• Smileyawaw
    Smileyawaw Posts: 23 Member
    Awesome! You look great! Keep up the good work! :smiley:
  • helene4
    helene4 Posts: 120 Member
    You look amazingggg!!!!
  • Stinaseward
    Stinaseward Posts: 14 Member
    I love your revenge story! How can your friends get annoyed with it?? I’m going to friend you so I can keep hearing more!

I’m a happily re-married woman who gained a lot of weight when I quit smoking, then had two more babies back to back with my new husband. I’m determined to lose the weight so I will like what I see in the mirror again, and for my husband (who insists I’m still hot, but I’m sure he wouldn’t mind me getting back to where I was—and then heck, even toning up more and being super hot!)

Now that I read your story, I want to add some of this style motivation to my life too! I’m sure my ex husband has enjoyed watching me gain all this weight, and he and his family probably talk and laugh about it. Plus, all the douche bags before I met my husband that used me, dumped me, etc (I was given the “don’t want a relationship” line a time or two myself), and even the one who traded me in for a better looking woman.

I won’t have my goal be completely for vengeance, but I think it will be fun to consider all of this along the way as well!

Thanks for the extra motivation! You look great!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    I love vengeance and revenge stories! Its a great feul starter and I am all for it!
    Make THEM eat cake ~but~ never a piece of yours! They can slobber at the bakery window! :D
  • kalahmarii
    I love your revenge story! How can your friends get annoyed with it?? I’m going to friend you so I can keep hearing more!

I’m a happily re-married woman who gained a lot of weight when I quit smoking, then had two more babies back to back with my new husband. I’m determined to lose the weight so I will like what I see in the mirror again, and for my husband (who insists I’m still hot, but I’m sure he wouldn’t mind me getting back to where I was—and then heck, even toning up more and being super hot!)

Now that I read your story, I want to add some of this style motivation to my life too! I’m sure my ex husband has enjoyed watching me gain all this weight, and he and his family probably talk and laugh about it. Plus, all the douche bags before I met my husband that used me, dumped me, etc (I was given the “don’t want a relationship” line a time or two myself), and even the one who traded me in for a better looking woman.

I won’t have my goal be completely for vengeance, but I think it will be fun to consider all of this along the way as well!

Thanks for the extra motivation! You look great!

Hahaha, well we're all a part of the same friend group, or "squad" if you please, so I have the pleasure of seeing this little idiot every week. And yes, vengeance is a fabulous motivator but it defs can't be your sole motivator! I imagine eventually I'll feel less spiteful and I'll have to have something to fall back on :p best of luck on your journey!!
  • kalahmarii
    dsboohead wrote: »
    I love vengeance and revenge stories! Its a great feul starter and I am all for it!
    Make THEM eat cake ~but~ never a piece of yours! They can slobber at the bakery window! :D

Hahaha definitely! I worked hard for that cake, it's all mine :D
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    kalahmarii wrote: »
    dsboohead wrote: »

Hahaha definitely! I worked hard for that cake, it's all mine :D

Thats right and when someone comes along that actually deserves a piece thats when the bakery door can put out the open for business sign.
  • SnazzIT
    SnazzIT Posts: 215 Member
    hhaa this will make a great blog! quite entertaining :)
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Hahahaha. I love this. Keep on keeping on and show 'em!
  • kalahmarii
    ituakalau wrote: »
    hhaa this will make a great blog! quite entertaining :)
    Hahahaha. I love this. Keep on keeping on and show 'em!

Hahahaha I hope to keep the story going! So far so good.. another 5 lbs down sitting at 226 :p
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Yoooo that's amazing...and your "friend" is a first rate douche.
  • kalahmarii
    Yoooo that's amazing...and your "friend" is a first rate douche.

Ugh I honestly feel bad for him, he's had a run of horribly manipulative girlfriends ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ still doesn't excuse his behavior tho!!
  • JaiNicole7
    JaiNicole7 Posts: 88 Member
    I LUV your story--and hilariously written btw. Sign me up to follow your story as well. & I have a little revenge of my own to exact.

#THEYAINTREADY
  • dhiammarath
    All I see is some freakin' awesome showing through here! :smiley:
  • dhiammarath
    What progress! You are beautiful in both pictures! Great job staying on track even through injury!

YAHOO!
  • kalahmarii
    What progress! You are beautiful in both pictures! Great job staying on track even through injury!

YAHOO!

Thank you! It almost killed me to not be able to exercise for 3 weeks hahaha. Not being able to breathe even while walking will do that to you tho :#
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!