Need accountability buddies- let’s lose 25lb by Sept 1

Options

Replies

• awelchafw
    awelchafw Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’d love to have and be an accountability partner! Anyone feel free to add me! I’m starting at 207.
  • awelchafw
    awelchafw Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    April 1st weigh in: 207
    May 1st weigh in:
    June 1st weigh in:
    July 1st weigh in:
    August 1st weigh in:
    September 1st weigh in:
    Ultimate goal: 150 gw, 182 by September 1.
  • cjohn2278
    cjohn2278 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    April 1st weigh in: 155
    May 1st weigh in:
    June 1st weigh in:
    July 1st weigh in:
    August 1st weigh in:
    September 1st weigh in:
    Ultimate goal: 135 gw, 135 by September 1.
  • WifeVe
    WifeVe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This sounds great!!!
    April 1st weigh in: 184
    May 1st weigh in:
    June 1st weigh in:
    July 1st weigh in:
    August 1st weigh in:
    September 1st weigh in:
    Ultimate goal: 150 gw. 160 by September 1st.
  • happybappy450
    happybappy450 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Me too - love having people for accountability... I log in every day, se we can all motivate each other! Anyone feel free to add!
  • eturney346
    eturney346 Posts: 7 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Not so much progress :( I need to start weighing daily again

4/3 136.5lb
    4/8 133.6lb
    4/18 134lb

Goal 120-125lb
  • samsterhamster66
    samsterhamster66 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
    SW: 230 lbs
    GW: 130 lbs

Got a long way to go! Feel free to friend me!
  • ninasahar
    ninasahar Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am in, please add me. Thank you
  • aliciadalicia
    aliciadalicia Posts: 73 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    April 1st weigh in: 195
    April 15: 191 at 35% BF
    May 1st weigh in:
    May goal: 34%
    June 1st weigh in:
    June goal: 33%
    July 1st weigh in:
    July goal: 31%
    August 1st weigh in:
    September 1st weigh in:
    September goal: 170 and 30% BF or less
    Ultimate goal: 155 and 25% BF or less
    Height: 5'7"
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    I am newly back (my Day 3 here) after a long absence, I am joining the thread for accountability ... I might be having "friending issues" ... if the little head&shoulders silhouette beside the new mail indicator on one's Home tab means "Friend Requests" then I have 3 pending and can't access them.

If anyone can advise, please do!!

I have managed to consistently track my weight daily for a year now for a total 10% down from where I started May 1, 2017. I decided to come back to MFP and start seriously tracking the exercise and eating / macronutrients too.

Starting weight (Last May) 184 (obese for my height)
    Current weight (today) 165 (now nicely down into "only" overweight for my height)
    (next) Target weight 148 or so (very close to border between overweight and top edge of normal weight for my height)
    ultimate Goal weight TBD

I'll add the weekly data-so-far for April from home later today.
  • mzsjones82
    mzsjones82 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes I’m all for this!!!! Add me to all of you on here so we can support ine another!!!!
  • BMcC9
    Options
    YAY, ME!! I successfully bookmarked this thread, logged out, logged back in AND found the bookmark to lead me back here! That function either didn't exist when I was on MFP waaaay back ~2012, or I never discovered it last time.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Starting W (May 1 2017) 184
    Interim W (Jan 1 2018) 176.6

April 1st weigh in: 168
    May 1st weigh in:
    June 1st weigh in:
    July 1st weigh in:
    August 1st weigh in:
    September 1st weigh in:
    Ultimate goal: TBD (below 143) => GW by September 1: 158 (10% down from Jan 1)
    GW by Dec 31: 149 (10% down from now)

If things proceed well, the Sept goal will go lower
  • JuliBiGoolee
    JuliBiGoolee Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    eturney346 wrote: »
    Not so much progress :( I need to start weighing daily again

4/3 136.5lb
    4/8 133.6lb
    4/18 134lb

Goal 120-125lb

For me personally, the scale is a blessing and a curse. Weighing everyday, which I do, the scale goes up more than it goes down. My motivation goes down. But I'm keeping my eye on the prize and staying true regardless. The number one thing I've noticed that makes the scale ping up a lb or 2 from day to day... not drinking enough water. Losing 2.5 lbs in 2 weeks is 1 and 1.5 lbs a week. You're doing great!
  • lisa0527
    lisa0527 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    For some reason the title of the post really struck me. On September 1st do I want to be down 25 pounds? Hell yeah! Is it possible? Absolutely. So let’s do it.
  • melodyis4reals
    melodyis4reals Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hi people. I just wanted to say that you for all the self love I see, the reach outs for support and ideas, the honesty and vulnerability I see everyday in my newsfeed. We are doing it. We are making change to ourselves which will affect everyone we touch.
  • Xia21
    Xia21 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    If anyone lifts or any other type of workout, I wouldn't mind having someone to check in with every couple of days or so. It's nice to have the extra motivation from time to time especially since I don't have a lifting partner. :)
  • cloudspirit55
    cloudspirit55 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This week has been a little off in regards to my exercise routine I'm just not as motivated.
    My weight is still coming off slowly but surely. Feeling s little down this week the struggles of trying to lose weight has its ups and downs but I'm committed to staying on this course.
    I want this weight off so badly one day at a time is all I can do hopefully things will get back like they were last week. I was so motivated exercise nearly every day sometimes 60 to 80 minutes s day. Now about 3 days a week for only 20 30 minutes sometimes 40 a day it feels like I have to force myself.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    This week has been a little off in regards to my exercise routine I'm just not as motivated.
    My weight is still coming off slowly but surely. Feeling s little down this week the struggles of trying to lose weight has its ups and downs but I'm committed to staying on this course.
    I want this weight off so badly one day at a time is all I can do hopefully things will get back like they were last week. I was so motivated exercise nearly every day sometimes 60 to 80 minutes s day. Now about 3 days a week for only 20 30 minutes sometimes 40 a day it feels like I have to force myself.

When you are in that kind of mood, sometimes the psychological trick of JFTing is helpful ... "Just For Today". You can do anything Just For Today ... even if you don't really feel like it ... it's not like you "have to do it forever".

Since exercise seems to be the bigger roadblock right now ... can you tell us what kind of exercise you usually do? Maybe someone who is also into it can partner you. Or there might be a Group for that where you can get motivational support and tricks.

Or maybe you are getting bored with your current plan, and need to consider switching up your exercise options? We are all here for mutual support as well as mutual accountability. The fact that you are doing SOME (even if not as much as last week) is still a VERY good sign for Ultimate Success! :)<3:)

• BMcC9
    Options
    Does anybody else do the " get 10K steps a day" strategy (no matter whether Fitbit or any other kind of pedometer, or game that counts steps? I use a favourite old Wii walking game)