The Waist Away 8-week Challenge

Options
melbann
melbann Posts: 115 Member
Hello Everyone! I want to start an 8-week Biggest Loser type competition I’m calling “The Waist Away Challenge”. Everyone is welcome to join. If you like the idea of joining please read the below “How it Works” details and then comment something like “I’m in!” if you would like to join. I will then send you an invite to the group. The competition will begin May 1st and end June 25th.

HOW IT WORKS

This is a friendly no-prize competition/challenge. It costs nothing to join, therefore there is no prizes. So it’s not like a competition that you would join at work or in your community.

Everyone who joins will be randomly sorted into pairs using a random list sorter site. You pair will be given a color name also (ex: Team Red). That is your accountability partner. They will help you meet your goals by being the person who reminds you to weigh in. There is no “Weekly Elimination” like the Biggest Loser. We all want to lose weight, that is why we joined MFP. If you miss a week’s weigh in your previous weight will be used for that week’s weight. However if you neglect to weigh in 3 weeks in a row then that is considered as eliminated. If your partner gets eliminated don’t worry, you can still continue without them.

Each “Color Team” will then be divided up into Trainer Teams. (These trainers, although real people, have no association or knowledge of this competition). You will weigh in as a team. Whether you win the weigh in that week or not depends on your trainer team, not your color pair. For a clearer picture see the chart below:

284w1feou521.jpeg

Weigh In:
Your starting weight will only be given once the competition starts. I know some other Challenges on MFP asked for starting weights as soon as someone joins however this creates an unfair advantage to those who join early. To avoid this and make things fair for everyone Week 1 will be the first weigh in.

Every week you will weigh in on the weekly weigh in discussion thread. Just post your weight in lbs and your trainer, this makes it easier for me to input numbers. You can weigh in on whatever day you would like but you have to weigh in by Monday at midnight for your weight to count. To be fair try to weigh in the same day every week.

Results:
On the first day of the new competition week the results of the previous week will be posted by the end of the day. The Trainer team with the highest percentage lost wins for that week! It will also be announced which pair was the MVP (Most Valuable Pair) for each Trainer team.

The full results will be added to an excel spreadsheet so everyone can see the team standings.

Hope this all makes sense to everyone, explanations are not my strong suit :p

Replies