Completely stuck!

Hi all,

So far, I have managed to lose nearly 4 stone, but for the last two weeks I have remained the same weight!

I have kept to my daily calories the same (1200-1300), as well as starting some workouts, but nothing seems to be working? I Started off at 17 stone in January 2017, and now I am stuck at 13.2 stone.

I know that things can slow down, but it is a little disheartening! Any advice would be welcomed!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    2 weeks isn't long enough to panic, just keep doing what you're doing, and make sure you're accurate with your measuring and logging.
  • chlojwx
    chlojwx Posts: 18 Member
    Thank you! It is just annoying when you know that you are doing everything right x
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    If you started working out in those two weeks, that is likely a culprit. Your muscles are retaining water to repair. Also have you taken a diet break along the way? It might be time for one.
  • chlojwx
    I only starting working out this week to try and break out of this rut, no I haven't, I am usually lenient over the weekend though. However, the last couple of weeks I have been 100% on plan!

I know that it will probably drop-off eventually, but it is just annoying haha! x
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,332 Member
    Congrats on your weight loss so far. 4 stone is a lot of weight.

As you get lean, it becomes more of a long game. Small deficits, tight logging, patience. Getting that lower number isn't really that important when you're already at a healthy weight but it does become part of the obsession when you've lost a lot of weight.

If that is you in your AV picture, I think you can relax and set your goals at the minimum weight loss possible...and just ease into maintenance.

How much weight do you need to lose to be under the over-weight category (if any.)

https://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/how-can-i-work-out-my-bmi.aspx?CategoryID=51
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    chlojwx wrote: »
    I only starting working out this week to try and break out of this rut, no I haven't, I am usually lenient over the weekend though. However, the last couple of weeks I have been 100% on plan!

I know that it will probably drop-off eventually, but it is just annoying haha! x

So the exercise is definitely a culprit. But I would suggest taking a couple weeks at maintenance to give your body a rest from the stress of dieting. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10604863/of-refeeds-and-diet-breaks
  • chlojwx
    Thanks for your reply cmriverside! My BMI is 30 and says that I am obese (I am only 5.5ft). It also says that my healthy weight is 7st 13lbs - 10st 11lb, so I still have just over two stone to go! I would really like to get to 10 stone ideally!

I think now may the time to focus more on cardio instead of relying on just calorie counting!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,332 Member
    Thanks for your reply cmriverside! My BMI is 30 and says that I am obese (I am only 5.5ft). It also says that my healthy weight is 7st 13lbs - 10st 11lb, so I still have just over two stone to go! I would really like to get to 10 stone ideally!

I think now may the time to focus more on cardio instead of relying on just calorie counting!

Okay, well at 30 BMI, you have a ways to go.

Patience, though.

Some weeks there just isn't any weight loss, and then you'll lose it in a big chunk.

Are you logging food here?

And yeah, exercise is super helpful for a lot of reasons. It doesn't have to be full-on hard core hours at a time - but some exercise on a regular basis will help.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    You are doing everything right. Keep doing it. Be patient.
  • chlojwx
    Yeah I am food logging on here, and eat about 1200-1300 calories I day. I think I will just keep going and do some excercise!

It is just annoying when you think you are doing everything right!
  • chlojwx
    Thanks for the link! I weigh everything I eat already haha! x
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Hi all,

So far, I have managed to lose nearly 4 stone, but for the last two weeks I have remained the same weight!

I have kept to my daily calories the same (1200-1300), as well as starting some workouts, but nothing seems to be working? I Started off at 17 stone in January 2017, and now I am stuck at 13.2 stone.

I know that things can slow down, but it is a little disheartening! Any advice would be welcomed!

This creates water retention for muscle repair. Plus you need to give yourself more time to adjust to this.

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »
    If you started working out in those two weeks, that is likely a culprit. Your muscles are retaining water to repair. Also have you taken a diet break along the way? It might be time for one.

This.