dieting but gaining weight?

Options
hnic76
hnic76 Posts: 22 Member
I’ve been dieting for about 2 weeks now, and in the last month or so i’ve gone from 180 to 174 and then just last week i went to 176.. I’ve been eating super clean and thought it could’ve been bloating but i weighed myself today and it was 177... And i always weigh myself right when i wake up before i’ve eaten

Replies

• mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    hnic76 wrote: »
    I’ve been dieting for about 2 weeks now, and in the last month or so i’ve gone from 180 to 174 and then just last week i went to 176.. I’ve been eating super clean and thought it could’ve been bloating but i weighed myself today and it was 177... And i always weigh myself right when i wake up before i’ve eaten

Do you track your calories? You can eat super "clean" and still eat more calories than you expend - that would cause your weight loss stall.

If you can give us your stats - height, starting weight, current weight, target weight, age, gender, people can give you some insight into what you can do to start the weight loss rolling again.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Eating "clean" has nothing to do with losing weight. You have to consistently eat less calories than you burn, whether it's "clean" or not. You said you're "dieting", but you said nothing about your actual calorie intake, which is what matters.

Are you using a food scale to measure your meals, and checking the database entries to make sure the calorie counts are accurate? Are you in a consistent calorie deficit? Having any cheat days? Sneaking tastes/bites/snacks without logging them?
  • hnic76
    hnic76 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    hnic76 wrote: »
    okay so yes i do track my calories, i never go over my daily calorie intake if anything i’m almost always under. i go to the gym about 4/5 days a week, and i don’t have cheat DAYS but on weekends i might have a snack or something that isn’t the best for you but it’s not “”unhealthy”” .. i’m a female and right now i’m 5’2 and 176
  • genchiyu
    genchiyu Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    You could be starting TOMs?
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    What everybody said and I'll add... weight loss is not a linear process, it takes time. Be accurate (within reason), be consistent and most of all be patient...