Need accountability buddies- let’s lose 25lb by Sept 1

Options

Replies

• abbynormal52
    abbynormal52 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    Does anybody else do the " get 10K steps a day" strategy (no matter whether Fitbit or any other kind of pedometer, or game that counts steps? I use a favourite old Wii walking game)
    I don't use the "plan" you mentioned but I do love walking. I don't walk for cardio every day, but I usually do at least 4 miles. Sometimes just 2, and I am looking for a "walking" app right now;) Denise

• JuliBiGoolee
    JuliBiGoolee Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Does anybody else do the " get 10K steps a day" strategy (no matter whether Fitbit or any other kind of pedometer, or game that counts steps? I use a favourite old Wii walking game)

Yes I do. I have fit bit and I'm a teacher so on workdays I often hit 10k. On the weekends, not so much lol
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,408 Member
    Options
    Hi, abbynormal52 and JuliBiGoolee. Can I TRY adding one or both of you as a Friend Request from my end? I need to see if it can work. Or you could try adding me, let me know you sent the request, and I will let you know if MFP is letting me see/accept it.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    I use the Wii (original - still works LOL) game Walk It Out, with a nunchuck in my back pocket. It counts my steps within the context of the game, and I can usually get 10K in an hour of play. I don't have a way to count steps for the rest of the day. But I figure that between regular almost-daily WIO sessions and exer-biking before work 5 days a week, I'm more than covered.
  • melodyis4reals
    melodyis4reals Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    cxghcqxobcvu.jpeg
  • melodyis4reals
    melodyis4reals Posts: 186 Member
    Options

Yes. I don’t do much exercise, but I always do my 10k steps daily!
  • ninasaliuc2016
    ninasaliuc2016 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too!!
  • misaloundra
    misaloundra Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in also! Everyone that needs a MFP friend can add me! I just started on this website 9ish days ago and I'm super motivated! Started my weight loss journey at the beginning of this year as a resolution! Going well so far.
  • S_Elizabeth11
    S_Elizabeth11 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Add me please
  • jazzy19berry
    jazzy19berry Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I use my fitbit as a motivator. I try to hit 10k a day so far so good. Add me
  • WeightLossMomma79
    WeightLossMomma79 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Is it to late to get in on this? I really need some motivation and accountability.
  • ninasahar
    ninasahar Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    April 18 weight: 142
    May 1
    June 1
    July 1
    August 1
    Ultimate goal by Sept 1 120
  • ninasahar
    ninasahar Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    eTrevor79 wrote: »
    This is not going well.

Make it well!!
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Is it to late to get in on this? I really need some motivation and accountability.

It's never too late! The 25 lbs by September assumed 5 lbs per month (1 per week) as a target. Just aim for between 22 and 25 for Sept 1 and let us know where you are starting.
  • Silhouette_man
    Silhouette_man Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Gabe
    Age 56
    6ft - from Canada eh!

3/1/18 -331
    3/16/18 -325
    3/25/18 -314.5
    4/1/18 -311.5
    4/8/18 -309.5
    4/13/18 -307
    4/20/18 -304.5 – Lost 2.5 lbs. Slow and steady will the race.

SW-331
    CW-304.5
    GW - 200
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Lakota1961 wrote: »
    Gabe
    Age 56
    6ft - from Canada eh!

3/1/18 -331
    3/16/18 -325
    3/25/18 -314.5
    4/1/18 -311.5
    4/8/18 -309.5
    4/13/18 -307
    4/20/18 -304.5 – Lost 2.5 lbs. Slow and steady will win the race.

SW-331
    CW-304.5
    GW - 200

I'm from Canada too. Is it still winter where you are (snow and ice squalls earlier this week)
  • BMcC9
    Options
    OK - HOW do I add a Friend from this group? The process seems to have changed while I was inactive for several years ....
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options

Never too late! You will find a great amount of support, tips, motivation here. Although it's up to you to keep coming back and you must be honest with yourself. An earlier post said it best: losing weight is hard. Being overweight is hard. Choose your hard.

First thing on my daily list of things to do: update/follow MFP. Doesn't get checked off as done unless I do it... and i hate to leave things undone :smiley:

best wishes!

• Abzuran
    Abzuran Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me!
    SW: 156
    CW: 140
    GW: 125

My diary has been made accessible to friends, I definitely need some accountability!