how to add a recipe

Options
ronjfry
ronjfry Posts: 3 Member
I can manually enter recipe ingredients but how do I enter the directions for preparation?

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, you can't. You can import a recipe from another site and it will keep the link with your recipe but you cannot type in directions. You can only calculate calories/macros.
  • KrisJ125
    KrisJ125 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    If you are manually entering a recipe with the old recipe calculator, then you need to check the 'share with other MFP members' box at the bottom. That will allow you to enter directions for preparation. For the new calculator, you just enter the link and it finds the ingredients and puts in a link to the directions.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    KrisJ125 wrote: »
    If you are manually entering a recipe with the old recipe calculator, then you need to check the 'share with other MFP members' box at the bottom. That will allow you to enter directions for preparation. For the new calculator, you just enter the link and it finds the ingredients and puts in a link to the directions.

Are you sure that works on the old recipe calculator? It's been a few years since I tried it, but as I recall, they never actually rolled out the sharing feature, which meant that you could enter the directions, but you could never access them again because they were linked to the unavailable "sharing" feature.