Tips and tricks

Options
I think it we need a place to record our insights and successes. Let's share what we know.

1. Chocolate cravings may reflect low magnesium levels. I take magnesium supplements and now rarely eat the stuff.
2. Drinking Unsweetened tea instead of soda results in financial gains. Cutting out soda has resulted in drinking far less caffeine and less purchasing in general.

Replies

• mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Salt seems to be everywhere and plays havoc with your weight--be aware and don't freak out about water weight gain.
  • Mickey_I
    Mickey_I Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Water weight gain is even bigger with preservatives. Eating more natural foods is a lot easier on the heart due to lower water retention.
  • JuliBiGoolee
    JuliBiGoolee Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Being dehydrated screws everything up for me, my metabolism, my weight, bloating, headaches, etc. I don't drink soda or alcohol. If i bring coffee to work, I'll end up drinking that instead of water. So I have till 9 to drink my coffee, otherwise I switch to water. I bought a water bottle that tracks ounces, lights up each 8 oz, beeps every hour I don't drink (sound can be turned off)... yes, I need that level of micromanaging to drink enough water. I'm a teacher, go go go, talk talk talk.
  • Mickey_I
    Options
    ... I bought a water bottle that tracks ounces, lights up each 8 oz, beeps every hour I don't drink (sound can be turned off)... yes, I need that level of micromanaging to drink enough water. I'm a teacher, go go go, talk talk talk.

Where did you find one of those? Sounds great.
  • JuliBiGoolee
    JuliBiGoolee Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    @Mickey_l its a myhydrate bottle. Amazon has them but Santa Claus got it from myhydrate.com
  • Mickey_I
    Options
    Using apps like 2do and Streaks are an excellent way to remind yourself of daily goals. It is far to easy to let the days slip away if your not actively keeping track of them.

235 days of exercise this year and 6 months without any Soda.

2do is a great tool for helping you organize and declutter also.