Nuts/IF/Keto/LowCarb/Paleo

Options
aysea81
aysea81 Posts: 12 Member
Hello everyone.
This question is for the people that are extremely knowledgeable on most of the discussion title.
I am an intermittent faster for approximately 40 hours with an eating window of 8 hours.
I am also a very long steady state exerciser before breaking my fast.
When I consume approximately 97 net grams of carbs what diet would that be considered?
When I consume approximately 65 net grams of carbs what diet would that be considered?
Since I eat every other day it has been difficult to find an answer on my own since my style is not very popular.
Thank you in advance for sharing your sound knowledge on any or all of the mentioned in the title.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Anything below 100 or 150 grams of carbs, is considered low carb. Not "net carb", but also "per day".
    You are eating in a semi-ordinary way - only eating every other day, which is very unusual, but on the days you do eat, you have a normal, 8 hours eating window.
    I think you can call it whatever you like, if you feel the need to call it anything.
  • primalpam
    primalpam Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Paleo is not carb specific, it is a way of eating focused on WHAT you eat. Some Paleo people eat a ton of carbs, some very little. Keto is very low carb, so you're nowhere near that. Not sure why a label would need to be put on it really? I agree with the previous poster. At least as compared to the general population, less than 150 grams is low-carb (ish) :smile:
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    As others have said, you'd be considered low carb. Like them, I'm also perplexed as to why you need to put a label on it though. So long as you are getting adequate calories and nutrition, how you achieve that is up to you.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    aysea81 wrote: »
    Hello everyone.
    This question is for the people that are extremely knowledgeable on most of the discussion title.
    I am an intermittent faster for approximately 40 hours with an eating window of 8 hours.
    When I consume approximately 97 net grams of carbs what diet would that be considered?
    When I consume approximately 65 net grams of carbs what diet would that be considered?
    Since I eat every other day it has been difficult to find an answer on my own since my style is not very popular.
    Thank you in advance for sharing your sound knowledge on any or all of the mentioned in the title.

Why does it matter what the name is?
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,966 Member
    Options
    You can join the Low Carber group for support. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
    We have a range of low-carbers from 150g to 0 and a great many of us end up "rolling our own" by tweaking to suit personal needs.

But I agree. It doesn't really matter what you call it. I do understand the desire to find a group you can identify with. It doesn't always work-out cookie-cutter though, as you can see with your plan.
    Yes you are paleo if you follow the paleo restrictions. Yes you are also low-carb. Keto is 50g or less total. The net on that doesn't apply across the board as at that level some people aren't active enough to stay in at 50net.

There are a lot of groups, like on FB, that are really strict and almost cults on what they will "allow." Our group isn't picky like that. We do low-carb. The majority of us, whether or not we log/track, get that calories are what determine weightloss. Other than that, it's wide open. Carnivore, higher protein, lower protein, Atkins, mod carb, keto, vegetarian, paleo, IF...whatever. Our eating plan is a tool. Sure it's nice to have a name for the tool, but as long as it works, in the end it doesn't really matter what it's called.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.

Why does it matter what the name is?

^This
  • aysea81
    aysea81 Posts: 12 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Thank you everyone!
    I was simply curious to know exactly what I am doing. LoL.
    Since I had a tumor in the past I was curious to know if I am doing keto because of the advantages.
    I would like to know how to possibely prevent any future regrowth of tumor.
    Does anyone have any sound knowledge about that?
    Thankfully intermittent fasting has advantages.
    I love to research.
    LW you are so funny!
    It is LW. That's why I didn't know what it was called.
    Low carb makes sense so I appreciate the answers.
    Also I have OCD LoL so that is another reason I was curious to know.
    Hugs!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!
    I was simply curious to know exactly what I am doing. LoL.
    Since I had a tumor in the past I was curious to know if I am doing keto because of the advantages.
    I would like to know how to possibely prevent any future regrowth of tumor.
    Does anyone have any sound knowledge about that?
    Thankfully intermittent fasting has advantages.
    I love to research.
    LW you are so funny!
    It is LW. That's why I didn't know what it was called.
    Low carb makes sense so I appreciate the answers.
    Also I have OCD LoL so that is another reason I was curious to know.
    Hugs!

That's a question for your doctor, no?