PLATEAU FOR TWO MONTHS

Options
I lost 18 lbs in the first two months and hit a plateau for the next two months. I weigh everything accurately, log every day and every time. I exercise 3-4 times a week for one hour. I drink lot of water also. I am eating under my calorie goal. How to break the plateau? Pls advise.

Replies

• kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I didnt lose weight for 3 months. And that was because i wasnt honest in my logging, stopped using a food scale and basically got lazy. Ive tightened everything up and re-evaluated my eating habits and logging and ive started losing again, ive also choosen a less aggressive rate of loss to help get back into it. Depending on how much u need/want to lose, your excersise type, hormones, salt intake ect there are lots of factors that may contribute to yr small bump in the weight loss road. Is your diary public? That can help others give you advice :)
  • neerajanarayan1967
    neerajanarayan1967 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I need to lose around 40 pounds. I am doing 3 miles power walking (Leslie sansone) and ripped in 30 back to back. How to make diary public. Pls advise.
  • kq1981
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Go to settings then to diary settings and you can make diary public :) what is your daily caloeie allowance?
  • neerajanarayan1967
    Options
    My calorie allowance is 1450.
  • kq1981
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Its still private. But if you browse these forums or type in 'plateau' in the search bar, lots of great posts are avaliable to learn from and get some ideas
  • neerajanarayan1967
    Options
    Now you can view it pls.
  • kq1981
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Your feed is still private, in settings try sharing and privacy
  • neerajanarayan1967
    Options
    can u try one more time pls? I entered everything correctly.
  • kpsyche
    kpsyche Posts: 345 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Every diary entry of yours I looked at was over your daily calorie allowance; sometimes quite a lot... e.g. April 15 you're 2,402kj (574 Calories) over your daily goal. Other entries are similarly above your goal. Am I missing something here?

Edit: Looking at some more entries it seems that a lot of your calories come from rice. E.g. April 12 (the numbers are in kj)

White Rice - White-rice, 6.6 fluid ounce 690
    White Rice - White-rice, 10.5 fluid ounce 1,098
    cooked rice - boiled, 320 g 1,205

That's 2993kj (715 Calories) just in rice for the day; i.e. that's 50% of your daily goal with none of the other foods included.
  • kq1981
    edited April 2018
    Options
    As above ^ àre you ddefinately weighing your food? That was my error when i first started, always log EXACTLY what you're eating as @kpysche said.
  • neerajanarayan1967
    Options
    I am weighing the food every time. I weigh all the foods including coffee except water. I maximum use the tick marked entries. Shall I have to decrease the carb intake that will break the plateau? My point is even if I take higher rice intake, it didn't reach the maintenance level. So there is a calorie defecit there. I can't be under my calorie goal on festive occasions and there are lot of festivals since i am in south india. One point I have to say is my belly got reduced. I didn't measure it but people noticed it. Pls bear with my long post.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I questioned the rice as well when I took a look earlier. I would have to delve in deeper but from what I saw it looks like possibly the food entry you picked from the database is wrong as in the calories logged should be higher per gram, hoping you are using your package label and cooked/raw weights.

While you are doing a much higher carb intake than what your macros are setup for how that equates to how many carbs you were eating before I don't know. All the carbs we eat comes with retaining water. From 3-4 grams of water per gram of carb. The higher calorie days can easily off set your deficit, poor logging (wrong db entries, margin of error) etc. Maybe bank calories during the week (eat lesser some days) to work your social eating into your diet better.

Since you said you lost inches in your stomach, take bi monthly/monthly measurements and use your scale weight to help guage your weight loss. I would also increase your protein, its quite low and while it may meet sedentary protein needs, it would be very beneficial to increase that, it will help with muscle loss as you continue to lose weight.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Two things are sticking out to me. The first is that most days in April you went significantly over your calorie goal. The second is accuracy in logging. RAinWA already pointed out the coffee and fluid measures thing. That said you also have a fair amount of things from Flik and Michigan Dining which, given you live in Southern India, can't logically be accurate.