Skinny Cow Ice Creams

Options

Replies

• SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I have IBS so LOTS of things give me stomach problems. The Skinny Cow ice cream actually doesn't.
  • nomorefatbitch
    Options
    Mint sandwiches are yummalicious!!

But like someone else posted earlier, I have to be very careful. Kinda like Lay's potato chips..."can't eat just one"
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    They rock!... I have to watch it cause I will eat too many.Duh, I overeat..... But my family loves them also. You cant tell they are low in calorie.
  • jroszkowiak
    jroszkowiak Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    DDEEEEELLLLIIIISSSSHHHHHHH!
  • history_grrrl
    history_grrrl Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    The mini-fudgesicles are delicious! But since I have a portion control problem, I ended up eating four of them one night and decided I had to get rid of them. :(
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Love them!!
  • wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Options
    I love the peanut butter chocolate ice cream sandwiches. My fav so far and I've had all the ice cream sandwiches.
  • scottppa
    scottppa Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    The strawberry shortcake ice cream sandwiches are just too dang good! I like the heavenly crisp chocolate bars, the caramel truffle bars, and the mint truffle bars too (not that I have a sweet tooth....)! They haven't given me a bit of trouble in terms of my stomach.
  • sabulla
    sabulla Posts: 58
    Options
    Skinny Cow has awesome ice cream and treat snacks!!!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Mint sandwiches are yummalicious!!

But like someone else posted earlier, I have to be very careful. Kinda like Lay's potato chips..."can't eat just one"

This...I love those mint sandwiches...sooo good.
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    LOVE Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches and bars!
  • abg0220
    abg0220 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Ha Ha!! You mean like the FiberOne bars do? No they don't do that!! I totally reccomend them. Especially the vanilla cones with caramel in the middle!! Awesome!!
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    My fave is the mint....YUMMY!!! I was planning on having one for a snack today.
  • carlyoishi
    Options
    The strawberry ice cream sandwiches are amazing. I don't know if you're lactose intolerant, but they've never given me a problem.
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    The mint choc chip icecreams are really yummy with little choc drops in.

The chocolate brownie ones were a disapointment though. Not remotely chocolatey enough and not sweet either. I tried them after the mint ones with high expectations.
  • meowthania
    Options
    I actually also love these - like someone else mentioned, they're not liek the "fake ice cream" the sweeteners in this don't leave that weird texture in your mouth, and they are just all around delicious. Unfortunately, I find that in comparison to the U.S. - they are ridiculously over priced here in Canada so I don't buy them often :(
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    To everyone mentioning lactose intolerance, I'm not, haha. It's because most "low or no sugar" snacks tend to give me that uncomfortable tummy feeling, lol. Some do, some don't, which is why I wanted to get feedback before I went out and spent the money on them. For example, slow churned ice cream = bad for business, not good. Unfortunately, I haven't seen them sold individually so boxes would be the only option, haha. But thank you everyone for the awesome feedback. I'm really excited. I like my ice cream, so to have something other than plain vanilla would be awesome.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I've seen lots of chatter about Skinny Cow here...so I recently checked them out. I checked the ingredient list first...and I didn't like what I saw. For example, Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream Cone:

Skim milk, cone [wheat flour, sugar, palm oil, soy lecithin, caramel color, salt], sugar, corn syrup, cone coating [sugar, coconut oil, salatrim, cocoa powder, soy lecithin, artificial flavor], fudge topping [high fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, water, cocoa processed with alkali, sugar, modified corn starch, salt, mono and diglycerides, vanilla, natural flavor, artificial flavor], polydextrose, cocoa processed with alkali, whey protein, calcium carbonate, cream, Inulin (Dietary Fiber), natural flavor, Propylene Glycol Monostearate, microcrystalline cellulose, Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose, guar gum, monoglycerides, carob bean gum, sorbitol, vitamin A palmitate, carrageenan, salt

HFCS? I'll pass. Propylene Glycol Monostearate? We use prooylene glycol to deice our aircraft. :D

I'll work harder to 'earn' normal ice cream before I eat a bunch of chemicals - no matter how low calorie!
  • datzun
    datzun Posts: 198
    Options
    I've seen lots of chatter about Skinny Cow here...so I recently checked them out. I checked the ingrediant list first...and I didn't like what I saw. For example, Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream Cone:

Skim milk, cone [wheat flour, sugar, palm oil, soy lecithin, caramel color, salt], sugar, corn syrup, cone coating [sugar, coconut oil, salatrim, cocoa powder, soy lecithin, artificial flavor], fudge topping [high fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, water, cocoa processed with alkali, sugar, modified corn starch, salt, mono and diglycerides, vanilla, natural flavor, artificial flavor], polydextrose, cocoa processed with alkali, whey protein, calcium carbonate, cream, Inulin (Dietary Fiber), natural flavor, Propylene Glycol Monostearate, microcrystalline cellulose, Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose, guar gum, monoglycerides, carob bean gum, sorbitol, vitamin A palmitate, carrageenan, salt

HFCS? I'll pass. Propylene Glycol Monostearate? We use prooylene glycol to deice our aircraft. :D

I'll work harder to 'earn' normal ice cream before I eat a bunch of chemicals - no matter how low calorie!

I saw this topic and went to their site to do the same research. Sadly, I agree with you. :( High in sugars (and not the good kind). I'm sure it fits into many people's diets...so good for them. Not for me though. When/if I go to cheat with some ice cream, I'll get the real deal!
  • lasugar
    lasugar Posts: 2
    Options
    Love all of their products! Yum...just tried their new dreamy clusters candy! Yum! I also love their vanilla cone with caramel, caramel truffle ice cream bar, cookies and cream sandwich...I guess I love them all!!!!