Keto result

Options
I’m currently 230lbs down from 260lbs since January with no exercise. I was recommended to lose weight. As I was trying to find what would be best for me I was told by a medical professional that keto or Ketosis will make you lose weight fast in the short term but long term when you get off of the diet you gain the weight back. This is because carbs are the body’s first source of fuel and the body will start to store it. That said I chose low sugar and low calorie.

If your doing it short term it may work. It’s your choice.

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Keto works long term for me. :) I'm about 3 years in.
  • SimplyAdia
    SimplyAdia Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My sister has been doing keto for almost a decade. I don't think carbs are bad. I don't think any macro is bad, but you choose your lifestyle. Keto is working for me. I never really ate starchy stuff and I use to believe fat made your fat.
  • mohair3
    mohair3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Keto is a lifestyle not a diet and it's actually the way we ate before, and why my grandmother was 96 when she died.
  • henrita
    henrita Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started the keto diet, and am a little scared! It seems a little weird compared to the traditional diet I was used to. Any advise for a newbie?
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    but long term when you get off of the diet you gain the weight back

This is true of any "diet" if you return to your old ways that made you gain weight in the first place