Ice cream Feen!!

Options

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    kami3006 wrote: »
    I wonder how many people reading this thread are going for some ice cream this evening?

i may have already had 2 bowls today lol

I like the way you roll...
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    Arctic Zero low cal cookies and cream is really good. And all the Yasso yogurt pops are delicious, not sure about their pints. Halo Top is hit and miss for me. Enlightened is super dense and takes more than 30 min to thaw but good. Guess I've tried a few....
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I don't eat dairy, so nothing I eat is technically ice cream, but my favorites for a sweet frozen desert fix are dairy-free halo top, nicecream, and various fruit sorbets.
  • cshagam
    cshagam Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have an inexpensive ice cream maker and I put Greek yogurt in it - delicious! Black cherry is my hubby’s favorite. I like plain mixed with green tea powder. I’ve added all kinds of fresh fruits and nuts. Peaches and walnuts are delicious together!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    cshagam wrote: »
    I have an inexpensive ice cream maker and I put Greek yogurt in it - delicious! Black cherry is my hubby’s favorite. I like plain mixed with green tea powder. I’ve added all kinds of fresh fruits and nuts. Peaches and walnuts are delicious together!

Wait so what do you do....? I don't know how to use mine lol. Do you add ice?
  • cshagam
    edited April 2018
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »

No, it has a drum that you keep in the freezer that has some kind of gel around it. I just put a whole tub of Greek yogurt in and start it up (as it freezes, I sometimes stop it to scrape off the sides and stir). It has a hole in the top where you can add other things like nuts or berries. I love it - had it for years. Here is my machine:

https://www.williams-sonoma.com/m/products/cuisinart-stainless-steel-electric-ice-cream-maker/?na_id=2018042301501887594370242574&kwid=productads-adid^225838669620-device^m-plaid^371572594798-sku^1347889-adType^PLA&cm_cat=Google&sku=1347889&catalogId=43&cm_ite=[1347889]&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_c-ukKTP2gIVhR6GCh0O3wVtEAQYAiABEgIy-_D_BwE&cm_ven=PLA&cm_pla=Electrics > Ice Cream Makers
  • cshagam
    Options
    a0mrds1d389v.jpeg

These are always in our freezer. Really good!.

And these because my hubbies Achilles heel is mint chocolate chip.

https://tofutti.com/frozen-desserts-2/cuties/
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Sweet Freedom No Sugar Added.
    It is a chocolate covered vanilla ice cream bar.
    100-110 cal.
    Very good stuff.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    The protein ice cream from the volume eaters thread is amazing! I eat 2 batches a night. It's only 145 calories for the entire batch and it fills a 6 cup tupperware!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »

No, it has a drum that you keep in the freezer that has some kind of gel around it. I just put a whole tub of Greek yogurt in and start it up (as it freezes, I sometimes stop it to scrape off the sides and stir). It has a hole in the top where you can add other things like nuts or berries. I love it - had it for years. Here is my machine:

https://www.williams-sonoma.com/m/products/cuisinart-stainless-steel-electric-ice-cream-maker/?na_id=2018042301501887594370242574&kwid=productads-adid^225838669620-device^m-plaid^371572594798-sku^1347889-adType^PLA&cm_cat=Google&sku=1347889&catalogId=43&cm_ite=[1347889]&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_c-ukKTP2gIVhR6GCh0O3wVtEAQYAiABEgIy-_D_BwE&cm_ven=PLA&cm_pla=Electrics > Ice Cream Makers

Well I know what it looks like because I have it. Thanks.
  • xelsoo
    xelsoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Bio/organic shops usually have lower-calorie ice cream options, you could go check them out.

Personally I'm also a fan of 'nicecream' made from blended frozen bananas, though I understand the need for a real ice cream. I find it helpful as you make it on the spot and can control the portions.
    Previously I put in the freezer some protein yoghurt until it's really cold and blend it with the bananas, add a splash of milk & frozen strawberries or blueberries (this way you don't have to add that much banana). Finally add either dark chocolate chips or chopped pecans (or both!). Top with some grated coconut or maple syrup for a festive feel ;)
  • TrinityR05
    TrinityR05 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    when I crave ice cream, I'll have frozen fruit instead.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    A good homemade version, frozen strawberries, frozen bananas, a bit of jam for sweetness, vanilla protein powder, if desired (1/2 scoop), blend, comes out like soft serve. if too runny add more frozen fruit, if too thick, add a bit of milk (vanilla almond milk works well too) or more yogurt.
    Instead of strawberries and jam, I sometimes add a splash of chocolate syrup and powdered peanut butter.
  • elizabethmcopeland
    elizabethmcopeland Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    PROYO https://proyos.com/

It's fantastic.

HaloTop is fine, the Breyers 300cal ones are fine.

PROYO makes me happy.
  • Aplant77
    Aplant77 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I like Yasso frozen greek yogurt bars. 100 calories for a large bar and very tasty! My favorite is coffee chip but I also love the chocolate chip cookie dough and mint chocolate chip. I save calories every day to enjoy one for dessert :)
  • emcclure013
    emcclure013 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I make my own sorbet when I want something sweet in a hurry. 1 cup of frozen fruit (strawberries and pineapple are my favorites), 1/2 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt. Add 2-3T water and blend in a food processor or blender and add 0 calorie sweetener to taste. Easy and tasty!
  • Elyseinchi
    Elyseinchi Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Halo Top is my favorite!
  • cshagam
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    CoolWay mint chocolate chip is where its at for me.

Crazyravr... I just added a recipe for Chocolate Mint Grasshopper Bars. They are really good-I would love to see how you would tweak the recipe even more. They are frozen and taste like mini ice cream bars.

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    t1j2p7igh1i1.jpg

Yall made me hungry i made nicecream xD Banana and pineapple + some mini smores marshmallow cones from the dollar store. So friggin good xD best 240 cals ever
  • dinehart3308
    dinehart3308 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Buy a Yonana machine. Frozen bananas with berries, cocoa, mangos etc. I love it.