Before I move onto another keto calculator

mohair3
mohair3 Posts: 4 Member
I heard good things about myfitnesspal but it doesn't let me track keto macros...what's up with that....it says I can have 150 gms of carbs and won't let me change unless I pay for premium...how am I going to decide I like it before paying?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,308 Member
    To change your macros, got to MY HOME > Goals (make sure to click "save" when finished. You can do it in the free version.)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/my_goals
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,222 Member
    You have to set your macro goals by % in the free version. When you make a change it will show them in grams on that same screen though, just have to play around with the appropriate percentages to hit the grams you want.
  • 2loveutwo
    2loveutwo Posts: 1 Member
    I’m doing the Keto diet as well and it’s hard to follow your nutrition on here because it’s not set up for Keto, they don’t want you doing 75% fats no sugars and 10 -30 carbs. It always says your not eating healthy
  • cmriverside
    2loveutwo wrote: »
    I’m doing the Keto diet as well and it’s hard to follow your nutrition on here because it’s not set up for Keto, they don’t want you doing 75% fats no sugars and 10 -30 carbs. It always says your not eating healthy

Surely you can ignore the chastising from an app, right? I mean - what's it gonna do?

I'm on the web version and it doesn't say anything to me about my choices. ::shrug::
  • mohair3
    mohair3 Posts: 4 Member
    I would've bought the app had it worked for keto. The thing is food labels are in grams. In MY GOALS, everything is locked so I can't change anything but %'s.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    2loveutwo wrote: »

Surely you can ignore the chastising from an app, right? I mean - what's it gonna do?

I'm on the web version and it doesn't say anything to me about my choices. ::shrug::

It gives warnings on the app if you go over certain nutrients, but they can be turned off.

OP, you can change your macros in increments of 5% as a non-premium user. I think most people on keto go with 5-10% carbs.
  • cmriverside
    mohair3 wrote: »
    I would've bought the app had it worked for keto. The thing is food labels are in grams. In MY GOALS, everything is locked so I can't change anything but %'s.

So figure out what your grams are in percentages, and then set your Goals. Like everyone said above, it's in 5% increments, so you can get pretty close.

Definitely close enough. Or you can pay, which is overkill in my opinion.
  • swilllady
    swilllady Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2018
    I used a keto calculator then came in and changed MY GOALS to 1383 Calories, 5% Carbs=17g, 75% Fat=115g,
    and 20% Protein = 69g and it matched up to my Keto Calculator outcome perfectly. Then I went in to SETTINGS and switched all my Nutrients Tracked to show Calories(Cant change it), Carbs, Fiber(Easier to figure out Net Carbs), Fat, Protein and Iron (cause Im deficient) but you can switch them to show whatever you want.