To You 1200 Calorie Doers..

I applaud you! I can't do it. Ok.. that's a bit of an exaggeration. I'm sure I could if I were truly committed but... I go through a week of eating around 1200 calories a day, and it's the hardest thing EVER! I truly believe that every body is different. Mine just isn't okay with a 1200 calorie diet, and I am perfectly fine with that. :wink:

So to all you out there who consistantly stay around 1200 calories, WTG. And to all you out there who don't eat back your exercise calories? Good for you!

As for me.. Well, I'll enjoy eating a few hundred more a day. And I will continue to exercise and eat every last one of those hard earned little calories. :laugh:

Everyone is different.. so stick with what works for YOU and don't worry about anyone else! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    "Everyone is different.. so stick with what works for YOU and don't worry about anyone else!"

Yep
  • kevinlynch3
    kevinlynch3 Posts: 287 Member
    Hey, if you're only doing a few hundred over 1200...I applaud you too. I tried 1200 for a few days but then started P90X so I had to bump up my calories so the net was 1200. So I do around 1500-1600 now and its still hard at that level. I'll adjust if my body warns me either way.

Good luck.
  • nosugarcoating
    nosugarcoating Posts: 194 Member
    I don't eat 1200 calories a day nor do I want to. I don't happen to think of it as a competition - the less you eat the better you are. Nope. If you are eating more and you are losing weight, you are doing something right. And why only eat 1200 calories when I could be eating 1600 and still lose the same amount of weight?
  • Aloxander
    Aloxander Posts: 121 Member
    I tried it for three weeks and I didn't lose a pound but I did lose inches. So I changed my calories to 1350 because I am working out 4+ days of the week. I already lost 1lb within 3 days of changing my calorie goal intake.

It is possible to do a 1200 calorie diet but it does not work for everyone. :wink:

5978368.png
  • I actually found that you can eat a TON of food with little calories...or it feels like it, haha.
    Like for breakfast I had some egg, bacon, some potatoes, yogurt, fruits, and a bit of chocolate milk and water.
    By leaving out bread I usually ate, only having a piece bacon to satisfy my craving, maybe about two bites of potatoes, then having more of the fruits I feel like a ate a ton but it was more healthy than not and only like 300/350 calories. :D

That and if you start reducing the amount you eat little by little your stomach shrinks so then it doesn't bother as much.
  • MichelleF81
    MichelleF81 Posts: 98 Member
    Well said :) Some days I stick to around 1200 but mostly I try to work out and eat around 1400/1500 and that works fine for me and I've been losing 1lb and sometimes 2lb per week. On the days I work out I find I get really weak if I try to stick with 1200, I think it's important to listen to your body and your own instincts.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    1200 is not a magic number
  • Rainbow011
    Rainbow011 Posts: 61 Member
    I'm both a '1200 calorie doer' and I don't usually eat my exercise calories back. I don't find either difficult. I don't feel deprived......if 1200 works for you then great, if not eat more!!!