Working out calories for my son EDIT: NOW RESOLVED

tar2323
tar2323 Posts: 141 Member
edited April 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
EDIT: NOW RESOLVED:

I can't work out how to make a second profile so that I can see what calories my son should be eating. He wants to drop probably about 10lbs. He is 22, 5ft 4in and weighs 145lb. Going with sedentary in terms of exercise. How do I work out what cals he should be eating to drop .5lb, 1lb per week or 2lb per week (the choice will be his)? Thanks.

Replies

• rjdubock0609
    rjdubock0609 Posts: 19 Member
    You could set up a new email account, then you might be able to make a second profile on that.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Sign out of MFP, then chose the option to create an account. Use your son's information to create the account and then share the results with him. With just ten pounds to lose, .5 a week would be the appropriate goal.
  • tar2323
    Sign out of MFP, then chose the option to create an account. Use your son's information to create the account and then share the results with him. With just ten pounds to lose, .5 a week would be the appropriate goal.

Thanks. I'd already tried that (and have just tried again) but it keeps telling me I'm already a member. Guess it's because my email address is the same.
  • janejellyroll
    tar2323 wrote: »

Thanks. I'd already tried that (and have just tried again) but it keeps telling me I'm already a member. Guess it's because my email address is the same.

Yep, you'll need different information as well.

If you don't want to create another account, you should be able to go to your "Goals" area and select "Guided set-up." You can change everything here for your account (including the male/female setting) and get a goal for someone else. Once you have the information you want, you can set it back to your own information.
  • tar2323

If you don't want to create another account, you should be able to go to your "Goals" area and select "Guided set-up." You can change everything here for your account (including the male/female setting) and get a goal for someone else. Once you have the information you want, you can set it back to your own information.

Thanks for this. I've just managed to start a new profile using a new email address. Looks like 1500 cals is minimum. Thanks for your help and advice.
  • janejellyroll

Thanks for this. I've just managed to start a new profile using a new email address. Looks like 1500 cals is minimum. Thanks for your help and advice.

You're welcome!
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    With only 10 lbs to lose, he *should* choose the conservative 0.5 lbs per week...