plain greek yogurt - what are your favs to put in it?

Options

Replies

• Jennjenn1974
    Jennjenn1974 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Applesauce :D
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I like pb2 in plain greek yogurt.
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    hidden valley ranch dry mix = great veggie dip

strawberries, banana and a little honey
  • Texas_Nana
    Texas_Nana Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    1 cup greek yogurt
    1/4 bunch of cilantro
    2 tbs Woody's Cook In Sauce

Blend well in a food processor for a yummy salad dressing.
  • imcountingcalories
    imcountingcalories Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I also like the Fage 0. I stir in a scoop of Whey Protein..I use one I get at Costco from the makers of Muscle Milk, it comes in
    chocolate or vanilla. The vanilla one mixed with Fage and fresh blueberries is really good. It really gives a good boost of
    protein and fills me up! I also use it in place of sour cream in recipes or toppings.
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I buy plain and vanilla varieties and eat my yogurt portions with 50% plain 50% vanilla. It has the flavor and a little sweetness from the vanilla, but the added sugar is cut in half!
  • Valechka
    Valechka Posts: 192
    Options
    I like it savory too. I put some basil leaves, garlic and hot red peppers. Usually for dinner . Or I make greek /bulgarian snack with it: just ad chopped cucumber and parsley or mint + salt. u can garnish with some pine nuts or walnuts.
  • Autumn_P
    Autumn_P Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    A banana, honey and cinnamon... yumm!!!
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I like it plain :)

Mini M&M's
    honey
    applebutter
    pumpkin butter
    almonds
  • bgredenbaugh
    bgredenbaugh Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi, I put in about 1/2 to 2/3 cup of granola per serving. Totally worth the extra calories. I especially like the triple berry from Trader Joe's.
  • lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    granola, bananas, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, nectarines, apples, oranges, <insert your favorite fruit here>, etc.
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Hidden Valley Buttermilk Ranch mix and buttermilk. That's my salad dressing.
  • emgs52
    emgs52 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I like it with the 100 cal pack of cocoa almonds and 2 truvia,or with 1 tbs of cocoa powder 2 truvia and raspberries
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Olive oil, lemon juice, chopped garlic, shredded & drained cucumber, salt, and pepper (and dill if you like)... and then you have tzatziki sauce! If you make this, you will become a legend among your friends.
  • thereseofdoom
    thereseofdoom Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I usually just use honey, but I love some of the other ideas on here! I'm going to try and find a low sugar vanilla protein powder! Sounds great! I buy the fage 0% that comes with the fruit mix in on the side, it is delicious, but has about 16g sugar! I love all the sugarless options on this thread! Thanks for starting it!
  • lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options
    I love it plain, but also with nut butter, either cinnamon or honey stirred in, any fruit, granola, ranch mix (use as veggie dip), some salsa, use in place of sour cream in recipes..

I could go on forever. I really, really love strained yogurt.
  • Melindaleigh12
    Options
    Double fruit no sugar added jam! Any kind but I like raspberry best!

Although I just read so many good ideas ill have to branch out!
  • ohpretty
    ohpretty Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I used to get Vanilla Greek Yogurt and then decided I can't have it in the house without over-indulging. Now I just discovered putting honey on plain and I find that can be just as dangerous :(
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I mix it with chocolate whey protein powder and a little milk or water to help the powder dissolve. It's just like chocolate pudding.
  • mdagenb
    mdagenb Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Honey or fresh fruit, especially grapes! Also, sugar free jello pudding powder, like strawberry cheesecake!