Anyone else in Food Network Hell?

Options
2»

Replies

• wendibartel
    Options
    I too love the food network. I like the challange shows, iron chef and chopped. I also LOVE GUY! I think the thing that makes it easy for me to watch is because I know I cant make anything look as good as they can and it just takes way to long to make. So far I have been able to avoid midless eating due to the food network. My downfall is COMERCIALS.
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    My 4yr old daughter has a serious crush on Guy Fieri.

She talks about him all the time. She dreams of visiting him in whatever state he lives in, or hopes that he'll come visit us. She requested we eat at a diner a few weeks ago, because that's the kind of place Guy would go to.

The other day my daughter asked me to make her a fish taco, which really surprised me. I make fish tacos for dinner most weeknights, though my wife and daughter are generally not a fan, and will opt for something else. I thought to myself, "Awww, She wants fish tacos, just like daddy!" It wasn't until later that I found out it was because she had watched Guy's fish taco episode the night before at grandma's house! She even did his patented two-handed huge bite maneuver ...

:ohwell:
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I pretty much watch it all day long. I did see it last night. My neighbor comes over and say's how the hell do you watch this, all it does is makes me hungry. It does to me too but I can't stand regular TV anymore. Everything is so depressing. To me it's mindless tv and it takes my mind off the rest of the world for a while.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I need something new to watch on TV. My husband and I love tuning in to Food Network on a regular basis, but last night I absentmindedly tuned in last night to "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives," during a fish taco episode. My husband looked at me so pitifully and said, "REALLY?!?!" I couldn't help it...I laughed! I love watching it, but its making my stomach growl, and increases the urge to have something naughty!

I know they have people who make healthy food on there...but it's just not as much fun as watching Paula Deen add a pound of butter to everything! LOL

Are any other Food Network watchers running into the same problem?

I'm thinking we may need to up our video game playing time!

Watching Paula D. cook makes me want to have a heart attack lol
  • Snakey74
    Snakey74 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I suggest you watch "Chopped". LOL The food combinations they come up with will make you curb those cravings.

Oh I LOVE Chopped!!! I actually DVR that and Restaurant: Impossible. (I am such a nerd)
    Thank goodness for Top Shot and True Blood. Nothing about shooting guns or sucking blood makes me want to dive headfirst into a chocolate caramel turtle pecan cheesecake! LOL
  • Snakey74
    Snakey74 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Yea! Guilty. DDD was one of my faves too but now I've cut myself off for the summer except an occasional competition lol. But I'm a culinary student so come September, I'll have live food shows back at my fingertips.!! oy vey. Thats gonna be something else. lol

I feel ya. My side business is a cupcake/cake decorating business, so it's not really fun. Thank goodness I don't really have anything going on in that department right now, since it's my first week since the lifestyle change!

Good luck to you come September!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    We sometimes have to turn off that channel, esp when it starts making us "hungry." We're not really hungry. We just want to eat.
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    SunshineKisses_2012 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I totally watched that last night as well!! How funny. What I have started doing is exercising while I'm watching it. Situps, pushups, lunges, hand weights...anything to keep my body physically active that way if I get the urge to eat something, I have extra calories to burn off.

I'm not a fish eater, but the fish tacos they highlighted last night looked SOOOO stinkin' good!
  • KrissyChefBaby
    KrissyChefBaby Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yea! Guilty. DDD was one of my faves too but now I've cut myself off for the summer except an occasional competition lol. But I'm a culinary student so come September, I'll have live food shows back at my fingertips.!! oy vey. Thats gonna be something else. lol

I feel ya. My side business is a cupcake/cake decorating business, so it's not really fun. Thank goodness I don't really have anything going on in that department right now, since it's my first week since the lifestyle change!

Good luck to you come September!

Thanks and you too. Being around all the yumminess after spending 6 hours cooking it all up is gonna be tough lol. THEN I also am a part of the Baking and Pastry Club. Its like a health suicide mission. smh.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    That's what she said.